Things that make you smile :)

kdebello

Proud of this kid. Decided as a Freshman that she wasn't playing softball in college and wanted to commit to doing the best she could in the four years she had left. Gave up racing MTB which was a hard decision, but figured she will never play softball after HS, but she can always ride. Fresh year cancelled because of Covid, but gave it everything she had the remaining three.

Now, Katie as a Senior, and the Governor Livingston Varsity softball team as the only Union County team to beat Cranford (top 20 in NJ) in two years (which they did twice), faced them in the Union County Final at Kean University. Our girls came up short and lost 2-1 but they showed they came to compete. Katie pitched her ass off and every girl on the team gave it everything they had. Proud of each one of them.

Katie will be headed to Fairfield University in the Fall and although softball will be over soon, one of the first things she did was look to see where the MTB trails were in CT.

katie kean.jpg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Proud of this kid. Decided as a Freshman that she wasn't playing softball in college and wanted to commit to doing the best she could in the four years she had left. Gave up racing MTB which was a hard decision, but figured she will never play softball after HS, but she can always ride. Fresh year cancelled because of Covid, but gave it everything she had the remaining three.

Now, Katie as a Senior, and the Governor Livingston Varsity softball team as the only Union County team to beat Cranford (top 20 in NJ) in two years (which they did twice), faced them in the Union County Final at Kean University. Our girls came up short and lost 2-1 but they showed they came to compete. Katie pitched her ass off and every girl on the team gave it everything they had. Proud of each one of them.

Katie will be headed to Fairfield University in the Fall and although softball will be over soon, one of the first things she did was look to see where the MTB trails were in CT.

View attachment 214027
If she wants to keep racing: https://eccc-cycling.com/
Big part of my college years and a ton of fun.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bike developed an annoying creak when I wasn't on the saddle. Backpedalling with or without the chain sounded & felt like a bmx freewheel spinning.

Swapped on extra set of pedals, no change.

Found a box with a "used" Shimano bottom bracket that I pulled off my other bike chasing creaks that in the end I didn't think was the bottom bracket. Swapped drive side BB and re-installed crank. Noise gone.

SMILE because for bike creaks this was relatively easy to fix/diagnose. But I am surprised a Shimano BB lasted less than 350 miles.

Top Bottom