Trail Boss Academy at Mountain Creek

Ironjunk

Just hang out by covenant drop I'd say half the people that send it have horrible technique, they just have the balls to do it .
I can't wheelie for more than two pedal strokes, i ride my brakes all the way down the mountain, i've never fully cleared a tabletop but sending it off all the drops on a hardtail yes.

mtn

Yeah we didn't look at that during the class, but you're talking about the one that's before the bridge that goes over Greenhorn? I would really like to be riding this stuff, but just have such a strong mental block that I haven't been able to overcome with these features. Hope to get there someday.
Should be the small kicker after the bridge. I'd say one of the easiest features on the hill. Not to be mistaken for the larger hop on-hop off kicker before the bridge.

frug

I'd rate the classes at a 5/5 and my own efforts in the class at a 2/5 😂
This was my experience as well. I also have mental blocks on larger features despite having decent technique. Creek does have a good enough variety to keep working up to bigger things. But arm pump and smashing into breaking bumps (which I have no doubt contributed to making) has me worn out after about 7-8 laps.

mtn

This was my experience as well. I also have mental blocks on larger features despite having decent technique. Creek does have a good enough variety to keep working up to bigger things. But arm pump and smashing into breaking bumps (which I have no doubt contributed to making) has me worn out after about 7-8 laps.
It's crazy to me that people do more than 6-8 laps in one day. I understand getting your money's worth, but goodness. Between the quads and arms, no thanks.

ebarker9

Should be the small kicker after the bridge. I'd say one of the easiest features on the hill. Not to be mistaken for the larger hop on-hop off kicker before the bridge.

I used to ride that before Salvation was what it currently is and Greenhorn ran down that way (if I'm remembering correctly). Agree, that might be a good one to look at again.

Definitely sounds familiar. Feel free to get in touch if you're ever headed up there and looking for someone else to work on stuff with.

frug

It's crazy to me that people do more than 6-8 laps in one day. I understand getting your money's worth, but goodness. Between the quads and arms, no thanks.
Good to know its not just me. I just need need my courage to warm up faster than my body wears out.

Definitely sounds familiar. Feel free to get in touch if you're ever headed up there and looking for someone else to work on stuff with.
Will do. It's definitely tougher to work on progression on solo rides. Hope to get up there sometime this month.

mtn

I used to ride that before Salvation was what it currently is and Greenhorn ran down that way (if I'm remembering correctly). Agree, that might be a good one to look at again.

Yep, greenhorn used to merge right before the smaller kicker, so everyone jumping dominion would have to then ride with the novices down to alpine. Then greenhorn was extended and crossed over salvation and did the dumbest merge ever. Then the bridge was built and greenhorn was extended further. I miss diablo.

Top Bottom