Trail Map

ekuhn

Updates from the new Guide Displays at Jacques Ln. I have Hi-Res scans, in JPG and PDF but no where to host them. @Patrick youz want?

IMG_9250.jpeg

6mr1 reduced.jpg

6mr2 reduced.jpg

6mr3 reduced.jpg

Attachments

• 6MR Guide.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 314

dvaidya

I know I am asking a lot of questions lately and not contributing much. The guide pdf posted by @ekuhn (thank you) has this "Bikes must be equipped with bell or audible device", how strict are those rules. If strict, I need to go hit Halters to pickup the bell. On D&R I do yell out well in advance notifying other users of the trail that I am coming through either on the left or right depending on their location on the trail. I riding with the family, I will also yell out number of bikes that are coming through. Hopefully, that is acceptable as "audible device"

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I know I am asking a lot of questions lately and not contributing much. The guide pdf posted by @ekuhn (thank you) has this "Bikes must be equipped with bell or audible device", how strict are those rules. If strict, I need to go hit Halters to pickup the bell. On D&R I do yell out well in advance notifying other users of the trail that I am coming through either on the left or right depending on their location on the trail. I riding with the family, I will also yell out number of bikes that are coming through. Hopefully, that is acceptable as "audible device"

can't yell
nobody is checking
if you get in accident without one, you'll probably be at fault.

i kinda like the bell - nice and early, not on top of them.
also call your pass, if they don't turn around to look.
and say hello. i'll assume you aren't going by at warp speed.
cause dogs and kids and such.

seems you have a handle on it. nice family thing to do.
if you ride out of washington's crossing and go north, there is an ice cream place across rt 29.
or in califon on the CT. Califon General Store.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It is unlikely, but once a park ranger stopped me and issued a citation for not having a bell. Mind you, that was 1 of the 150 times I have ridden there...

jklett

I zip tied a jingle bell to my saddle rails, I sound like Santa Claus coming down the trail. Sometimes it gets annoying but the hikers appreciate it. That said, I'm not sure if it counts as an audible signal device. I just do it because there are too many blind corners and I've had a few too many close calls with people coming the other way.

Deamon59

In my experience most people out on the trail don't have bells. Some people don't even wear helmets...

For me, having situational awareness and fingers on the brakes in blind corners combined with reasonable speed (not going too fast) and quick reaction times has prevented any collisions. I supposed the noises my bike makes (chain slap, gears changing, squeaky brakes, etc.) might count as an audible device lol

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have the Timber Bell too, but I never use it. It's way too fucking annoying.

dvaidya

Are the trails supposed to be one way trails? If yes, I would be guilty of not obeying those rules and would like to correct them if someone wants to point out the correct direction for blue/red from Jacques Lane and White the trails that I usually ride. If time permits I would ride Canal Parking lot --> blue --> red/white --> back to Canal. If a quick ride (30 to 40 minutes) it would be red --> white loop, but I have definitely met riders riding white --> red/middlebush.

That was a comment made on one of the youtube video that I was watching?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions