Trail News

pinkshirtphotos

yeah I forgot mentioning that, I might stop in the ranger house again tomorrow. Spending three mornings of my tax dollar doesn't like me like I do when it is closing trail that wasn't on the map. Maybe it can get opened, though if so as promised doesn't that compromise the map. The map must have been what that child who got lost on it was using. The tree on yellow climb toward the radio is down, the green loop has tree fallen. I'm going to assume the cycle craft endorsed bull dog racers are busy training for competing the olympics in 3 years and hosting trail cleaning hasn't been on their radar? Who is in charge there has been reports from the sergeant ranger this park closes trails that aren't constructed with sustainability, conservation, and erosion control. It also shuts off illegal trails, and the trails that aren't bringing revenue in this free entry park. #skidding I really don't care what you do!

BAIN

sad, sad news

both sides were awesome.

really puts a decline on the park and I hope it gets fixed, because that leaves nothing worth riding on the south side.

guess it's mahlon and WMA this weekend.

mntal

These trails have basically been there for the 6 years I have been riding there, and in pretty good shape that entire time. SO, if the park is just realizing this, then the park "officials" are lazy, stupid, or a combination of the two.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
These trails have basically been there for the 6 years I have been riding there, and in pretty good shape that entire time. SO, if the park is just realizing this, then the park "officials" are lazy, stupid, or a combination of the two.

They don't get out of their SUVs very often.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Let's not bash the "officials" - they have a job to do, and this may have been the initial reaction. As always, professionalism usually works with understanding their goals, and helping them meet them.

might be as easy as adding the trails to the map so that any SAR team knows where they are in the park...closing them, even temporarily, solves the short term problem....

that VW guy

if trails need improvement/modifying, im all for helping out. im not on here very often but if something changes and need man power to fix, modify, or make the trails safer to make them legal PM me on here. i will gladly help. this is all assuming that the park OKs it.

njkayaker

side on the left if you are riding the red towards the park away from Rt 206. the other side along the airport is a loss. they did a great job blocking it off.

njkayaker

Looks like a section of the white is open again. Bull dogs must have had a race recently. I rode it last night.

ryderX

Looks like a section of the white is open again. Bull dogs must have had a race recently. I rode it last night.
Our race was on June 29th. We have NOT reopened any of the trails that the State closed. I'd hope that people would respect the trail closures until some sort of direction or guidance from the KVSP officials is issued. It's a delicate issue.

njkayaker

Well there is a Brand new spanking arrow pointing up the trail and it is clear. Road it 2 days in a row now.

that VW guy

planning to swing by with my wife tomorrow since i know kittatinny is pretty mild. does anyone know which trails are closed as of right now? trying to plan a loop, as ive only been there once last year.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
planning to swing by with my wife tomorrow since i know kittatinny is pretty mild. does anyone know which trails are closed as of right now? trying to plan a loop, as ive only been there once last year.

Don't worry, the ones your wife will enjoy are still open. They tended to close some of the more rocky trails with some of the more "white knuckle" sections.

Top Bottom