Trailforks showing a number of the Blauvelt Trails off limits

navsnipe

Does anyone know what is going on with Trailforks showing a number of the Blauvelt/Tackamack trails off limits to mountain bikes? This does not correspond with the trail map on Palisades MTB site. Seems to be a very recent change.

Kaleidopete

Same with Longpond Ironworks trails on Trailforks. Trails used to say multiuse, now says no mountain bikes.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know what is going on with Trailforks showing a number of the Blauvelt/Tackamack trails off limits to mountain bikes? This does not correspond with the trail map on Palisades MTB site. Seems to be a very recent change.
The Long Path from the parking lot and across Marisco?
Technically the LP is off limits to bikes, but that small bit was granted bike access as there are no other options.
It’s possible someone flagged all LP as no bike and changed status.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If it is this trail

Going to need links if we want to talk about something on TF.

Does it need to be split to allow bikes on the short link?

Kaleidopete

older one
Hasenclever multi trail.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

It looks like it was split, and the ironworks part marked as hiking - the ringwood part is still multi.

Maybe @pixychick can add some info?

It appears that it is administered by the Ringwood SP office - if you feel like calling/riding over and asking we can make the changes.

navsnipe

The Long Path from the parking lot and across Marisco?
Technically the LP is off limits to bikes, but that small bit was granted bike access as there are no other options.
It’s possible someone flagged all LP as no bike and changed status.
Yes, those are the areas I am referring to.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes, those are the areas I am referring to.
TF User PlumBobM merged some trails and set them hike only on Sunday.
So this ^ is what I expect happened, I don’t think it reflects any change in access for that short section -
If you use the Tackamack Bypass and get off the Long Path at Lizard Rock, you should be fine.

Kaleidopete

It looks like it was split, and the ironworks part marked as hiking - the ringwood part is still multi.

Maybe @pixychick can add some info?

It appears that it is administered by the Ringwood SP office - if you feel like calling/riding over and asking we can make the changes.

You mean I can drive over to Ringwood park office and do this? "we" can make changes, you're going too?
Who is the administrator anyway? Who decides the access to the trails?

navsnipe

So this ^ is what I expect happened, I don’t think it reflects any change in access for that short section -
If you use the Tackamack Bypass and get off the Long Path at Lizard Rock, you should be fine.
Thanks for the clarification. I've never run into a issue with anyone there except one person who thought my SC Tallboy was an ebike because of the giant rectangle downtube. I stopped and showed him I was a 56 year old engine with crappy batteries :D

scott62

Got rid of Trailforks after they put up pay walls. I thought it was a crappy move to have riders post up trail maps for free on their site and then charge others to see them.
As for ebikes , thought it was common knowledge that they were illegal on all Mtb trails in the tri state area.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As for ebikes , thought it was common knowledge that they were illegal on all Mtb trails in the tri state area.
Let me guess you don't have an ebike but you have an opinion. It's 2022 my friend, and your knowledge needs updating.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got rid of Trailforks after they put up pay walls. I thought it was a crappy move to have riders post up trail maps for free on their site and then charge others to see them.

I didn't like that they started charging either but running a business, website, building an app, etc all costs money. I didn't hesitate at all to sign up because I decided it was worth $1.49/month to support them, and it comes in really handy if you ride new places often enough.

Top Bottom