Trash 🗑️

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I just got a email from a concerned hiker who basically thinks that mtbers are trashing the park and ruining it for everyone else.

Before these baseless claims get boosted up the food chain, I’ll formally ask here that if you see garbage on the trail, please consider picking it up.

My assumption is that no one here is littering so I won’t even ask this group to stop.

As we switch into the busy season, I’ll also ask that we as a group all act as ambassadors for our entire community. Basically see rule #1

Additionally, consider avoiding prime time for riding at 6mr in general. Personally I’ll only go very early or late on weekends. I don’t think that weekdays are even an issue.

J

Cole

I just got a email from a concerned hiker who basically thinks that mtbers are trashing the park and ruining it for everyone else.

Before these baseless claims get boosted up the food chain, I’ll formally ask here that if you see garbage on the trail, please consider picking it up.

My assumption is that no one here is littering so I won’t even ask this group to stop.

As we switch into the busy season, I’ll also ask that we as a group all act as ambassadors for our entire community. Basically see rule #1

Additionally, consider avoiding prime time for riding at 6mr in general. Personally I’ll only go very early or late on weekends. I don’t think that weekdays are even an issue.

J
Got it. All I saw was lots of glass tonight.... Glad week days are ok.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I think that could be glass that was dumped decades ago by previous inhabitants of 6MR.
This. For sure. Much of this trail system passes by old garbage heaps. I was mostly referring to plastic bottles and food wrappers that seem to be present after a busy weekend at the park.

Cole

This. For sure. Much of this trail system passes by old garbage heaps. I was mostly referring to plastic bottles and food wrappers that seem to be present after a busy weekend at the park.
Yeah, it didn't look fresh.... This was on blue near white

sabba25

Looped Blue,red and white yesterday at 5 it was clean when I rolled thru. If were talking about some glass bits that's been on the end red(canal rd side) a loooong time

Cole

Ye
Looped Blue,red and white yesterday at 5 it was clean when I rolled thru. If were talking about some glass bits that's been on the end red(canal rd side) a loooong time
Ah
Yeah, I guess I just never noticed it like I did yesterday

Ironjunk

The waterloo lot off international has never not had glass before the stream bridge. I'd consider that sprinkle of glass natural by now.

Rocks & Water

To me the hiker's don't think to much about the trials. Some places I ride when you come up to a mud or watered section their walking around everything and putting all kinds of shit down so they don't get wet or muddy. This also opens up the trial which is not good. I have seen glass at Six in spots but nothing fresh.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions