vintage bike gathering at allaire

NJsinglespeedtrek

I was thinking maybe before winter hits us we can get a bunch of vintage bikers to get together for a ride..I think that would be pretty cool.
allaire seems to be a good spot for classic ride.

Screenshot_20220912-175312_Gallery.jpg

Problem with Allaire is that many won't go down that far for NNJ unless for an event like the annual Schilling ride. Somewhere like Nassau or Lewis Morris maybe a better middle location. Though I can probably make this. Are cable front discs fair game on an Ibis Mojo gen1? Is not, I'm going to need to reassemble the Klein Rascal

No handlebars over 650mm unless they have bar endz
becoming a tougher, I might have to steal the bars off my daughters bikes, but those may be over 650.
What about these:
- Front derailleur?
- over 9 speeds?
- 25.4 stems only and longer than 100mm
- assume no droppers allowed
- can tires be foldable?
- tubeless setups?
- how many pawls are allowed
sure I'm missing something, but just don't want to get shut out when I get to the event

Problem with Allaire is that many won't go down that far for NNJ unless for an event like the annual Schilling ride. Somewhere like Nassau or Lewis Morris maybe a better middle location. Though I can probably make this. Are cable front discs fair game on an Ibis Mojo gen1? Is not, I'm going to need to reassemble the Klein Rascal

Pfah. It's literally in the middle of the state.

becoming a tougher, I might have to steal the bars off my daughters bikes, but those may be over 650.
What about these:
- Front derailleur?
- over 9 speeds?
- 25.4 stems only and longer than 100mm
- assume no droppers allowed
- can tires be foldable?
- tubeless setups?
- how many pawls are allowed
sure I'm missing something, but just don't want to get shut out when I get to the event

1x didn't exist until somewhat recently, at least not without some sort of rigged chain guide system.

Foldable and tubeless were both available in the early 90's as were Chris King Ring Drive hubs.

I personally swapped my stem to a 100mm 31.8 and installed a Thompson Carbon bar cut to 700mm so the bike is actually more than a wall ornament.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions