Wanted - stem for 1.5" steerer tube

zmartene

Howdy, bicycle hivemind. I'm playing with the fit of my gravel bike (Cannondale Slate) and the Lefty Oliver fork is making stem fitment more difficult than it should be. Options online for stems with a 1.5" steerer tube are a bit limited so I thought I' d see if anyone here had one (or more) they're willing to dig out of the old parts bin to sell me before I send my money to some random website. Looking for anything less than 100mm (current stem length). 31.8mm clamp (so I don't also need to buy new bars).

Dig deep, what do you have for me?

Howdy, bicycle hivemind. I'm playing with the fit of my gravel bike (Cannondale Slate) and the Lefty Oliver fork is making stem fitment more difficult than it should be. Options online for stems with a 1.5" steerer tube are a bit limited so I thought I' d see if anyone here had one (or more) they're willing to dig out of the old parts bin to sell me before I send my money to some random website. Looking for anything less than 100mm (current stem length). 31.8mm clamp (so I don't also need to buy new bars).

Dig deep, what do you have for me?
The Lefty steerer tube is very specific and probably a Cannondale stem is required. Don't really recall any other stem manufacturers making something that will fit. All the stems I have here that would fit are 100mm.

The Lefty steerer tube is very specific and probably a Cannondale stem is required. Don't really recall any other stem manufacturers making something that will fit. All the stems I have here that would fit are 100mm.
Yeah, that's what I'm finding. Plenty of them are also Headshok 1.56" and come with a shim down to 1.5". But I figured it was worth a shot - lots of folks on here have been riding a long time so there are lots of old parts floating around. I'd prefer to re-home an unused part than buy a new one.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding. Plenty of them are also Headshok 1.56" and come with a shim down to 1.5". But I figured it was worth a shot - lots of folks on here have been riding a long time so there are lots of old parts floating around. I'd prefer to re-home an unused part than buy a new one.
With the older Leftys, because of the fork offset and height of the top cap, anything less than 90mm stem, the bars could interfere. The Lefty 2.0 allowed for shorter stems. And now with the Ocho/Oliver using a single crown, it's possible for shorter. That being said, finding shorter than 90 or 100mm in a spare parts bin could be difficult. @jdog may have something for you.

With the older Leftys, because of the fork offset and height of the top cap, anything less than 90mm stem, the bars could interfere. The Lefty 2.0 allowed for shorter stems. And now with the Ocho/Oliver using a single crown, it's possible for shorter. That being said, finding shorter than 90 or 100mm in a spare parts bin could be difficult. @jdog may have something for you.
Thanks for the info. It looked like a tight clearance - partially why I didn't want to spend like $100 on a new one.

No idea if this suits your needs, but it’s yours if you want it.

View attachment 241647
I'd take it off your hands and try it. 45 is shorter than I'm looking for (and may cause the interference mentioned above) but I'll try anything twice! Where are you located?

Thanks for the info. It looked like a tight clearance - partially why I didn't want to spend like $100 on a new one.

I'd take it off your hands and try it. 45 is shorter than I'm looking for (and may cause the interference mentioned above) but I'll try anything twice! Where are you located?
North Brunswick. (Central NJ 😱 lol). I’m out of pocket Monday-Tuesday but fairly free after that.

Back
Top Bottom