Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Kaleidopete

better today on snowmobile trails
Dsc01372.jpg
Dsc01373.jpg
Dsc01374.jpg

Tommysalami357

Man, I was up in north Jersey and hiked the Tourne. Saw three pileated woodpeckers. But I wish I brought my fat bike and headed to Wawayanda instead. Trails look good.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Waway predictions for tomorrow? Thinking of heading there around 2 ish.
If Ringwood is any indication (I rode there today) Wawayanda should be in good shape). Supposed to be a bit colder Tuesday which would help preserve the snow. Rest of week looks warm though.

xc62701

If Ringwood is any indication (I rode there today) Wawayanda should be in good shape). Supposed to be a bit colder Tuesday which would help preserve the snow. Rest of week looks warm though.
Sounds good. Heading there today. Will report back.

Skunkape

Prepacked trails are running fast and crunchy. Today will be the last chance to get some magic crust riding before it all melts down.
PXL_20240224_130813950.jpg
PSA.... Don't ride snow covered trails in the afternoon warmth like the dingus I was tracking on pumphouse. You'll have a bad ride and create a fossil record of your own ignorance.
PXL_20240224_124952613.jpg

trekfan

yes, I heard that, but they haven't started yet
looks like there's a lot of activity this week. they're going to be repaving the aux entrance road it seems. all parking is blocked off and there are huge mounds of gravel there. in the beach area they have a bunch of new playground equipment staged for installation soon and i actually saw them laying mulch and cutting the grass (shocked)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions