Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Skunkape

Quads are at it again on the backside. Ripping up the roads something terrible and dipping into the singletrack too now. Pic from bottom of tombstone.
PXL_20221226_164334230.jpg

Kaleidopete

Hey, does anyone have a suggestion for a first exploration of this area? I'm pretty midlevel techwise.
Maybe we could set up an easy ride, I have a 9 mile loop in mind with fire roads and single track.
Nothing crazy, some short climbs and nice trails. I'm less than midlevel.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hey, does anyone have a suggestion for a first exploration of this area? I'm pretty midlevel techwise.

racecourse loops have some tech, but very rideable.

Pumphouse around the lake is fun - as long as it isn't under water.

There is more to the southeast -
and the bearscat loop

Kaleidopete

racecourse loops have some tech, but very rideable.

Pumphouse around the lake is fun - as long as it isn't under water.

There is more to the southeast -
and the bearscat loop
Thanks, I'm out. 🤪

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's the Iron Furnace race loop from last year. About 12.6 miles. I wouldn't consider myself a highly technical rider. This was a tough race. I think it'd be a good loop, although there will be some walking. There was nothing that screamed oh shit, this is nuts.

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

My plan was
Beach parking area (now complete with E car chargers).
Ride up the beginning of Pumphouse to the rear parking area and head up Easypeasy trail to
Iron Mountain North to Hoeferlin to Mines trail.
Then Hoeferlin up to the Appalachian trail crossover and back on Iron Mt trail to boat launch.
Then Doublepond over to Wingdam and to Little Bear back to Wee Bear to the furnace and
Then back to the beach parking. Nine miles

Now tell me how lame that is, I can take it! Like I said, a slow easy Grandpa ride

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
My plan was
Beach parking area (now complete with E car chargers).
Ride up the beginning of Pumphouse to the rear parking area and head up Easypeasy trail to
Iron Mountain North to Hoeferlin to Mines trail.
Then Hoeferlin up to the Appalachian trail crossover and back on Iron Mt trail to boat launch.
Then Doublepond over to Wingdam and to Little Bear back to Wee Bear to the furnace and
Then back to the beach parking. Nine miles

Now tell me how lame that is, I can take it! Like I said, a slow easy Grandpa ride

Little bear and wee bear aren't any more difficult than sitting bear ?? Other than the actual bear of course.

What is going on with Findaway?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions