What Bird Did You See Today?

For many years I never realized there’s a private lake out in the Tewksbury area where I ride all the time that has a pair of Black Swans. I may have posted them here before or maybe not but they are so majestic to look at.

On Sundays ride we specifically went that way to see them and one of them got annoyed with the landscapers and charged at them from the water and I got it on video. Shared a cloud link hope it works.

IMG_5103.jpegIMG_5099.jpeg

I'm too lazy to take the pics from my camera right now, so here's a couple pics of the back of the real camera 🤣. This guy is still out front eating. Didn't stop when I went out onto the porch to take pics. 20240404_174414.jpg
20240404_174358.jpg
I constantly see these guys swooping out of a row of pine trees in front of my house, rarely catch them enjoying their meals.

Not really a birdwatcher but this one was hopping around my yard I thought it was hurt. I got relatively close and it didn’t seem too bothered but i zoomed in to grab these pics quickly.

I am pretty sure my google search tells me
It’s a Gray Catbird. Never seen one before it’s mostly robins, crows, cardinals and blue jays by me.IMG_7202.jpegIMG_7204.jpegIMG_7205.jpegIMG_7206.png

Not really a birdwatcher but this one was hopping around my yard I thought it was hurt. I got relatively close and it didn’t seem too bothered but i zoomed in to grab these pics quickly.

I am pretty sure my google search tells me
It’s a Gray Catbird. Never seen one before it’s mostly robins, crows, cardinals and blue jays by me.View attachment 239438View attachment 239439View attachment 239440View attachment 239441
They make R2D2 sounds. It’s pretty funny. We have a couple that heckle my wife to fill the feeders and baths.

Anyone know what kind of bird this is? I normally get sparrows, finches, starlings, blue jays, cardinals, and those bully grackles at the feeder but I don't know what this one is. I don't think it's a grey catbird because it doesn't have the long tail feathers but I'm stumped...

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 10.17.59 AM.png

Anyone know what kind of bird this is? I normally get sparrows, finches, starlings, blue jays, cardinals, and those bully grackles at the feeder but I don't know what this one is. I don't think it's a grey catbird because it doesn't have the long tail feathers but I'm stumped...

View attachment 242544

My Merlin app says it’s a Starling. Maybe still a juvenile given the total lack of any color. But @capedoc can clarify I’m sure.

Yup yup. Norm is correct. Juvenile Starling. While starlings are invasive And huge assholes, they are quite intelligent birds
Thanks! I'm still getting into birding. With the exceptions of cardinals and mourning doves most of the birds seem to be assholes. But they're endlessly fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom