What Fat bike should I buy next???

Ejd

I have been researching a new fat bike. Not sure what to get and then I see all the comments in the Beargrease for sale thread, and now I'm more confused. I have a Pugsley that I bought used a couple of years ago. Rode it everywhere this year. And now I want to upgrade. This is the only fat bike I have rode. So if 27.5 is not great for the snow what about bikes like the Otso or the Borealis that you can order in either wheel size? I want to here what you "Fatties" think

xc62701

I have ridden a Fatboy, Mukluk, and Beargrease. I'd say check out a Fatboy and/or Beargrease.

Reactions: Ejd

w_b

Why not keep the "rode it everywhere" Pugs frame and upgrade to some nicea nicea components?

I get the "new bike" thang, but Y U NO use wut ya got?

serviceguy

I ride (bold statement right there) a Mukluk, during the summer I ride 29x30 tire and 26x4.8 during the winter. I’ve actually built x set of 27.5x4.0 that was going to use last fall but had no chance to ride so. What would be the bear grease advance over a Mukluk? Because I remember a certain endurance fat bike bearded guy telling me to get a Mukluk over a beargrease couple of years ago…

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I ride (bold statement right there) a Mukluk, during the summer I ride 29x30 tire and 26x4.8 during the winter. I’ve actually built x set of 27.5x4.0 that was going to use last fall but had no chance to ride so. What would be the bear grease advance over a Mukluk? Because I remember a certain endurance fat bike bearded guy telling me to get a Mukluk over a beargrease couple of years ago…

Mukluk is the best all-around fat bike on the planet.

qclabrat

I don't own a trainer. I don't ride inside. I've rode in the snow a few times. What about the Voytek ?
How much snow? you can still ride 2-3 inches with plus tires. I plan to keep the 27.5 fats on till we get appreciable snow for Bud/Lous but have not had to do so for the last two years

one piece crank

I really dig fat tires, all day, every day, everywhere. My Fatboy had 4.8's year round, granted 4.8 JJ's in Summer, but I would not trade fat for anything. The Fatboy felt really good riding everywhere too, never slowed or held me back. And rememeber a few Winter's ago, when we had 2-feet of snow on the ground for two months? I was out every day at 5am and rode 2-3psi through fresh and groomed snow.

That said, I've been wanting a more-Fat bike for some time, so when the Arctodus became available I grabbed one right away! Enjoying 5-inch tires and doing the Snow Dance every day...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ejd

Ejd

Why not keep the "rode it everywhere" Pugs frame and upgrade to some nicea nicea components?

I get the "new bike" thang, but Y U NO use wut ya got?
I have thrown the parts bin at it. Took all the good stuff off my old 26" and got new tires. My buddy just got a new Farley. I guess I'm jealous

Reactions: w_b

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I have thrown the parts bin at it. Took all the good stuff off my old 26" and got new tires. My buddy just got a new Farley. I guess I'm jealous
The pugsley is a great bike, I ride one. But it's heavy. If I was in the need of a fat bike, and the budget allowed it I'd get the voytek. There q factor is small like the pugsley. And it's pretty light. Then I'd get a beargrease or a Fatboy. The Fatboy has a big q factor. So if you don't have wide hips it might be to wide for you.

I saw a pretty tricked out medium Fatboy on Facebook recently.

pygmypony

+1 for mukluk...but mine is a 2016 model so not sure if geo has changed that dramatically, but it's a do everything, ride anywhere bike IMO...snow (twice a year), sand (other than 50 mph headwinds days), swamps, singletrack, etc etc

THATmanMANNY

sorry I confused you
N+1 ALL DAY

does is have to be Rigid? I love my bucksaw but sometimes I feel like I’m using cheat mode

Ejd

sorry I confused you
N+1 ALL DAY

does is have to be Rigid? I love my bucksaw but sometimes I feel like I’m using cheat mode
I'm not sure if it needs suspension. I ride full suspension for over 20 years and though that was the only way for me until I got the Pugsley

Top Bottom