What have you done to your bike today?

serviceguy

Looks more impressive in the drawing.
Looking for that picture I was actualy surprised that Shimano has a similar patent, not sure if UDH compatible. Probably not.

shimanoder.JPG

If that was the case it would be interesting to know if my Knolly dropout/hanger could be replaced by an UDH compatible one. Probably not.

s1600_9082bd_0186c1ef7f1544298d6657b17d7b773b_mv2_d_5760_3840_s_4_2.jpg

P.S. it would not, it would require a new design for the seatstay (or hacking the existing one).

Karate Monkey

Rainy weekend fun

View attachment 212604

✅ Industry Nine 1/1 Ultralite carbon wheels
✅ Vittoria Barzo/ Mezcal tires
✅ Sigeyi Power Meter

Bike is sitting now at 25.9 lbs with pedals, an insert in the back and my tools in the handlebar. Not sure how much more I can cut it down/care to.

Ultra-light housing for the shifter/dropper could save a little weight, carbon-rail saddle, ditch the Garmin mount for a k-edge top cap mount (or spacer mount, with OneUp top cap). Replace control bolts with aluminum if they are not critical, titanium if they are. Titanium for rotor bolts/brake hardware, hybrid-aluminum bearing for the top of the headset. Your through axles are probably heavier than they need to be, especially the rear one (Maxle Ultimates are pretty damn light, for the front).

You could theoretically get it down to 25 (maybe under) with minimal loss of durability.

Cole

Ultra-light housing for the shifter/dropper could save a little weight, carbon-rail saddle, ditch the Garmin mount for a k-edge top cap mount (or spacer mount, with OneUp top cap). Replace control bolts with aluminum if they are not critical, titanium if they are. Titanium for rotor bolts/brake hardware, hybrid-aluminum bearing for the top of the headset. Your through axles are probably heavier than they need to be, especially the rear one (Maxle Ultimates are pretty damn light, for the front).

You could theoretically get it down to 25 (maybe under) with minimal loss of durability.
All this, for 3 easy payments of $229.99...
🙃

Cassinonorth

I do have a titanium rail saddle so that would save me like ~40g at the low expense of $250 lol. I have a spreadsheet breaking down $/g saved and it gets ugly in the extremes. Stuff like Garbaruk cassettes, KS Lev Carbon Droppers, Egg Beater 11's, etc.

Could I? Absolutely. I could (should) lose about 15 more lbs off myself before I worry about spending extreme amounts that cost me a handful of seconds.

Bikeworks

Got the truing stand today, set right out to checking tensions and looking to get comfortable with the whole process of caring for my wheels. Of course, some of the less than perfect nipples decided that I was previously a very uncaring owner, and they were rounded over. Went ahead and ordered some spare spokes and nipples, so more waiting.
IMG_4343.jpg

BTW, aluminum nipples are butt.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Perfect day to finish my wheel build thanks to @jShort. Park truing stand wasn’t set up for a 20mm axle but I was able to adapt with some clamps.

IMG_4062.jpeg

Laced up new rims and greased up the hubs.

IMG_4063.jpeg

Installed new tires and added CushCore using my trusty 30 year old Pedros tire lever.

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

Finished it all up with 4oz of Muc-Off sealant.

IMG_4067.jpeg

But that didn’t go exactly as planned…

IMG_4069.jpeg

Nothing a hose and some paper towels couldn’t fix. New DH hoops ready for the season.

IMG_4066.jpeg

Look at that perfect valve placement! :cool:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Got the truing stand today, set right out to checking tensions and looking to get comfortable with the whole process of caring for my wheels. Of course, some of the less than perfect nipples decided that I was previously a very uncaring owner, and they were rounded over. Went ahead and ordered some spare spokes and nipples, so more waiting.
View attachment 212649
BTW, aluminum nipples are butt.
So glad I stuck with brass.

iLuveketchup

The bike was making a weird creak, crunchy sound when pedaling and when going through the travel. I thought it was coming from the bottom bracket but it ended up being the derailleur. The noise went away when I unlocked the clutch. So opened the clutch and re-greased the cylinder. Now all is well. Also threw in a new chain.

ebarker9

The bike was making a weird creak, crunchy sound when pedaling and when going through the travel. I thought it was coming from the bottom bracket but it ended up being the derailleur. The noise went away when I unlocked the clutch. So opened the clutch and re-greased the cylinder. Now all is well. Also threw in a new chain.

(I do think it's a lot more likely to be a BB on a mountain bike, but I've had that experience so many times as well.)

Top Bottom