What have you done to your bike today?

iman29

Yeah so after a 5 hour rainy gravel ride 2 weekends ago my brakes on the gravel bike were sounding pretty knarly. I knew they were overdue to be changed but I am the king of procrastination and I was so busy the days after the ride I didn’t check again

Now it’s this past Friday night before a 75 mile gravel ride Sunday and I finally get time to take apart the brake pads and they are Fuct.

Sent some text messages to my riding crew and somehow by luck the shop not only had one set of pads but they had 2. One of the guys lives around the corner from Htown shop so he was able to grab them for me Saturday before they closed.

Nothing like changing brake pads the night before a ride but I was able to get it done with only a little help from YouTube (first time changing these pads myself )

Guess I shouldn’t wait 3900 miles next time before I change them.

86F2FB8D-7489-428F-9039-BB6665A8A844.jpeg
76E56F07-89C2-4B91-9E77-ADD08EA5F685.jpeg

Kaleidopete

Yeah so after a 5 hour rainy gravel ride 2 weekends ago my brakes on the gravel bike were sounding pretty knarly. I knew they were overdue to be changed but I am the king of procrastination and I was so busy the days after the ride I didn’t check again

Now it’s this past Friday night before a 75 mile gravel ride Sunday and I finally get time to take apart the brake pads and they are Fuct.

Sent some text messages to my riding crew and somehow by luck the shop not only had one set of pads but they had 2. One of the guys lives around the corner from Htown shop so he was able to grab them for me Saturday before they closed.

Nothing like changing brake pads the night before a ride but I was able to get it done with only a little help from YouTube (first time changing these pads myself )

View attachment 213224View attachment 213225
How's the rotors? o_O

JDurk

View attachment 213224View attachment 213225
What wheel was pic #2 and echoing what @Kaleidopete asked, what's the rotor look like?

iLuveketchup

Added top tube bag. It's neat and well made. Bought it to hold phone, key, and some snacks. I didn't realize that my leg would come into contact with the side of the bag when pedaling standing up or leaning the bike over on a corner. Maybe I'm just not use to it or it might be just too wide for my bike and thighs.

52892314804_5298b72d1d_c.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Added top tube bag. It's neat and bought it to hold phone, key, and some snacks. I didn't realize that my leg would come into contact with the side of the bag when pedaling standing up or leaning the bike over on a corner. Maybe I'm just not use to it or it might be just too wide for my bike and thighs.

52892314804_5298b72d1d_c.jpg
Which size did you get? I’ve got the .8L on the Maniak and it’s just the right size for my meager needs.

iLuveketchup

Put together the wheels/tires. I usually use a portable 20v battery operated pump to set up the tubeless tires. But these tires (or maybe other gravel tires too) needed a real compressor to seat the bead.

Used a caliper to be +/- 0.5mm centered. 🤣
52893586920_ef991119ed_c.jpg

52893650408_2cf9616c32_c.jpg

Last edited:

serviceguy

Swapped the rear wheel on the Honzo st to fix the one missing a sponge from yesterday ride. The only boost wheelset I have other than the one on the Honzo is a 27.5+ version of the same cheap Dt Swiss set (M1700) so I went mullet…me likely!
IMG_7197.jpeg

serviceguy

Swapped the rear wheel on the Honzo st to fix the one missing a sponge from yesterday ride. The only boost wheelset I have other than the one on the Honzo is a 27.5+ version of the same cheap Dt Swiss set (M1700) so I went mullet…me likely!
View attachment 213583
Also, fixed the broken spoke on the rear wheel, it was a breeze! It does help to keep spares of almost everything, I always order a few spare spokes for each size I order, this wheelset, while one that I did not build myself, had the same dimensional specs and hubs as one I did so I go you’ll get right to it…it could have taken years otherwise!

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I finally got around to replacing my bearings and using the Alt/Alt press/remover tool I picked up in November. The tool worked as advertised. Old bearings come out without hassle and the new ones pressed in fairly easily. I give it an 8/10 rating with the only issue being that you have to fiddle two wrenches to tighten the nuts.

IMG_4166.jpeg
70594709503__D13EAB6D-9C6F-43B7-90CC-05E7B4632F25.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

IMG_4174.jpeg

Edit: I also installed a new Cane Creek 110 headset.

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

Replaced the chain on the e-bike today.
first chain replacement was at 1350 miles I used a shimano
second chain at 3625 miles I used a shimano
third chain at 5675 miles, replaced with a Sram, I found out that is what I should be using because that is what my drivetrain is.
forth chain at 7000 miles replaced with Sram again
I'll have to check more often because today the Park chain guage fell through too easily

Top Bottom