What podcast are you listening to?

roc

I will, but just because someone else got fucked more, doesn't mean Adnan Syed didn't get fucked.
I’ll have to listen again, I just remember at the end, thinking to myself, man, he could gave done it.

rick81721

Lothar
We've come a long way from your early 40's.

il_794xN.3566068308_eq99.jpg

I don't listen to either!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just remember at the end, thinking to myself, man, he could gave done it.

Same. My point isn't that I 100% believe he's innocent, just that he didn't get a fair trial.

roc

Same. My point isn't that I 100% believe he's innocent, just that he didn't get a fair trial.
No, he didn't. It's really unfortunate how many people don't. It's really sad. There are so many instances of prosecutorial misconduct, it blows your mind. If you have no cash and somehow, you are at the wrong place at the wrong time, even if you've done nothing wrong, you are fucked!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I enjoyed most of Sarah Koenig's podcasts, her one about Bowe Bergdal was really good too. And no idea if Adnan actually killed her, but no way I could have convicted him on that pile of shit they presented for evidence.

Lately I have been listening to the UK Telegraphs Daily podcast about the war in the Ukraine. "Ukraine the Latest" BBC also has one called "Ukrainecast" that i'll also listen to.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
American skyjacker

I'm about halfway through this, pretty crazy.

I just remember at the end, thinking to myself, man, he could gave done it.

The Baltimore prosecutors dropped all charges and won't be re-trying him. They used new DNA analysis to determine that he didn't do it.

ebarker9

My wife got me into "Tooth and Claw", which is about animal attacks and hosted by a wildlife biologist. The three guys on it are just very...pleasant, and funny and clearly have a lot of love and respect for the animals.

roc

I'm about halfway through this, pretty crazy.

The Baltimore prosecutors dropped all charges and won't be re-trying him. They used new DNA analysis to determine that he didn't do it.

wow! Good for him. I was on the fence. They should open up the bank for him.

zmartene

I can't recommend Anthropocene Reviewed highly enough. Every episode makes me feel like I'm meditating, in the best way possible. Too bad he stepped away from it for a while.

Also wik:
Stuff You Should Know
Cautionary Tales
Revisionist History
Freakonomics
Omnibus
You Are Not So Smart

Also also wik (less consistent):
Brulosophy
World's Greatest Con
More or Less: Behind the Statistics

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wolves Among Us was pretty damn good.

Currently in the middle of American Skyjacker. First episode was really hard to get into but @JimN told me to keep at it, and I am glad I did. Really fascinating to this point.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Currently in the middle of American Skyjacker. First episode was really hard to get into but @JimN told me to keep at it, and I am glad I did. Really fascinating to this point.
I liked both of the series, but they both suffer from the fact that they are serialized so there's too much time spent recapping, foreshadowing the next episode and then the same commercials for other podcasts taking up a ton of time.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
there's too much time spent recapping, foreshadowing the next episode and then the same commercials for other podcasts

I didn't think the recapping was that bad, and I always just skip to the next episode as soon as they say "next time on blah blah," but yeah, the same commercial over and over again is annoying. Not annoying enough to pay money though

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn't think the recapping was that bad, and I always just skip to the next episode as soon as they say "next time on blah blah," but yeah, the same commercial over and over again is annoying. Not annoying enough to pay money though
Fine when in my car, my issue is when I'm stuck doing something and can't hit the fast-forward or next button quickly.

What helps is setting the podcast app to skip the first X seconds and last Y seconds of the podcast.

one piece crank

Fine when in my car, my issue is when I'm stuck doing something and can't hit the fast-forward or next button quickly.

What helps is setting the podcast app to skip the first X seconds and last Y seconds of the podcast.
Apple watch has the jump-10-sec fwd/rev on the watch face, so does the Carplay screen in my Honda (if I connect via cable).

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Apple watch has the jump-10-sec fwd/rev on the watch face, so does the Carplay screen in my Honda (if I connect via cable).
The long ads always come in at the worst times. During an interval while running, laying under a car working on it, carrying something while walking, etc.

Hitting fast-forward in the car is great unless it's Spotify. Then it's a 20% chance it forwards to the end of the podcast.

rosceaux

I liked both of the series, but they both suffer from the fact that they are serialized so there's too much time spent recapping, foreshadowing the next episode and then the same commercials for other podcasts taking up a ton of time.
THIS.

I can't listen to anything produced by Airship with the foreboding musical bed, recaps, and mid story cliffhangers. Ruins otherwise interesting content for me.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Listened to Case 63 this weekend.
Highly recommend it.

I would say you will enjoy it more if you are open to SciFi stuff. It is not hard-core SciFi but if you hate the genre, skip it. Otherwise it's hard not to like.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Just finished both of these in that order.
Maybe it was fatigue with interviewing criminals,
but I liked Wolves better.
For American Skyjacker, it seemed like everyone he intersected with had a far more interesting story,
I think he got the series because he's the only one still alive.

Need to shift gears after this, I'll catch up on a music nerd show I haven't listened to in a while:

Top Bottom