What's Happening This Weekend: Oct. 15-16 ish

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am really sorry for the lack of updating this... Things have been busy over here (for reasons I will explain soon in a blog post).

If you've got rides and TM to share, please add it to the comments below.... And as always, please check in with event organizers for more info or cancellations.

FOR JORBA TM: https://jorba.org/calendar/ or https://jorba.org/civicrm/event/list/?reset=1

RIDES, RACES AND EVENTS:

310984752_517732073068719_8279351477643263262_n.jpg

0.png

CLINICS:

NICA:

311766722_10225509125527996_4836792585062241340_n.jpg

312356961_10229689121469760_7321583227225158463_n.jpg

Last edited:

iman29

For those looking for a scenic road ride, this Sunday is the Covered Bridges Ride out of Tinicum Park. Also this Sunday, the original ultra-cross race, Iron Cross, in Williamsport, PA (online reg is closed now, so you'll have to sign up on site) and Brandywine Valley Roubaix Fall Foliage Ride in West Chester, PA.
I will be at Covered Bridges with a small contingent of Team Marty's crew if anyone here wants to tag along, we are doing the Metric route around 16-17mph pace. DM me if you want to meet up we will probably roll out probably like 745am (yes I know it says 8am-9am but we are rebels).

Its a hilly course but the scenery this time of year is awesome out that way, and the CBBC does an excellent job on this event ive done it probably 3-4 times before.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Found my sweatshirt from the 2009 mountain man race.

I wish there were more races like that race from 10+ years ago. Biking and running without swimming. Well attended and well run.

JDurk

I wish there were more races like that race from 10+ years ago. Biking and running without swimming. Well attended and well run.
With my new fitness, and my triathlete wife who loves to swim but I don't, would consider doing this type of event, and she could too.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

With my new fitness, and my triathlete wife who loves to swim but I don't, would consider doing this type of event, and she could too.

Xterra has a national championship series for duathlon.
Look for one at Waway, tentatively May 13th.
Maybe at LM in July.

USAT also has off-road duathlons.

@JDurk: could also do a mixed relay - would be a blast at the long-format races - in Italy.

Cassinonorth

Relays are super fun too. I used to run for a couple that had a swimmer and a cyclist and we won a race or two. Swimmer is by far the hardest to find too.

16657471842091855914566153544629.jpg

JDurk

@Santapez @Patrick @Cassinonorth and @Stef Thank you for the encouragement. We're looking for an event to do, or Du. We have done a few relays over the years. I've been pushing to do some type of Xterra event.

There was an off-road tri at the same location as the H2H Mayhem race many years ago, around '12 or '13. Wife swam and ran, I did the mtb portion. Have also done two IM70.3 as a relay team with me on the bike for both, Lake Placid (she swam/ran) and Atlantic City (she swam, 3rd person ran).

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Xterra has a national championship series for duathlon.
Look for one at Waway, tentatively May 13th.
Maybe at LM in July.

USAT also has off-road duathlons.

@JDurk: could also do a mixed relay - would be a blast at the long-format races - in Italy.
There was something to the low-key way they used to do Mountain Man. And the fact it brought out a ton of triathletes doing the race on their 90s mountain bikes.

Top Bottom