Deer Park Conditions

For anyone interested in using the 7-11 entrance to deer park I went through and cleared the full length of that trail today and up into the woods where it hits the school trail. It should be good for the rest of the summer at this point. The 2 bypass sections made at the end of last year are part of what was cleared so you don't have to go through the 2 muddy sections when using that trail.View attachment 217536View attachment 217537View attachment 217538
Hey there thanks for this. I have not seen a 7-11 around Deer Park. Where is this entrance? Thanks!

Hey there thanks for this. I have not seen a 7-11 around Deer Park. Where is this entrance? Thanks!
Its in the panther valley strip mall. you park sort of between the 7-11 and the Shell gas station. the trail is across the street. I'd use Trailforks to figure out where you are in the park but when you follow the trail in you basically end up on white eventually. Google 7-Eleven panther valley nj and you'll get map directions.

1688862846274.png

Tried 7-11 trail today. Two blowdowns about 50 yards in. Impassable. Needs chainsaw to clear. Park rode well otherwise but plenty of overgrowth. I suspect since Selfish Access Road Guy stymied the back entrance to the park it’s not getting the traffic it used to.

Thank you for posting. Wanted to write the same. Came in that way last wed. There are multiple impassable trees down in the park and definitely the ones you mention on the 7-11 entrance. At points on a couple of trails the overgrowth is crazy. Definitely related to the main entrance being closed and less people know about the other entry points. Not sure out of maybe a few great people there is trail maintenance going on in there. I appreciate and applaud anyone doing clean up at deer park.

The overgrowth has nothing to do with road closure and everything to do to the lead jorba chapter. There I said it. I've bit my tongue long enough. Myself and a couple of others would do our best to keep some kind of order. I've personally volunteered myself as a pursuant to take the lead of this park multiple times with great support from other Jorba chapter leaders only to be told no because of the local jorba chapter has a personal beef stemming from the previous chapter leader.

I now ignore the park along with other locals and now you see the results. Complaints can be made to the allamuchy jorba chapter lead. This has nothing to do with the resident as the road was shut down by the state because of the bridge by the lot which hopefully will be repaired in the near future.

Tried 7-11 trail today. Two blowdowns about 50 yards in. Impassable. Needs chainsaw to clear. Park rode well otherwise but plenty of overgrowth. I suspect since Selfish Access Road Guy stymied the back entrance to the park it’s not getting the traffic it used to.
I may be able to get those after work next week. Anything really big?

The overgrowth has nothing to do with road closure and everything to do to the lead jorba chapter. There I said it. I've bit my tongue long enough. Myself and a couple of others would do our best to keep some kind of order. I've personally volunteered myself as a pursuant to take the lead of this park multiple times with great support from other Jorba chapter leaders only to be told no because of the local jorba chapter has a personal beef stemming from the previous chapter leader.

I now ignore the park along with other locals and now you see the results. Complaints can be made to the allamuchy jorba chapter lead. This has nothing to do with the resident as the road was shut down by the state because of the bridge by the lot which hopefully will be repaired in the near future.
Hey there happy to inform the allamuchy jorba lead. Any tips on how to contact? Such a great park would love to try to help where i can.

has nothing to do with the resident as the road was shut down by the state because of the bridge by the lot which hopefully will be repaired in the near future.
As I understand it the road was purchased by one of the landowners. The landowner has now installed a gate that can only be opened by keypad entry. Thus making the road and all the state property that would otherwise be accessible to the public via said road a no go.

Maybe use that parcel viewer to map out an alternative? See if there is a solution available - might take a few years, but gotta start.

fwiw, this was posted on mtbr.com in 2020. Obvi, the road is closed to vehicles as of now as listed on the park site.

View attachment 220202
What’s interesting is that despite the road being gated to the general public, and the paved section (right after the last property) being blocked by state park “road closed” saw horses, the grass in the parking area is being mowed. So someone is maintaining the lot. Too bad we can’t access it.

What’s interesting is that despite the road being gated to the general public, and the paved section (right after the last property) being blocked by state park “road closed” saw horses, the grass in the parking area is being mowed. So someone is maintaining the lot. Too bad we can’t access it.
supposedly one of the culvert / bridges aren't considered safe or so I heard. NJ state logic at its finest to not fix quickly that but keep cutting the grass.

Can’t speak from yesterday but generally i find the Allamuchy parks drain pretty well. You may see a couple of puddles but yesterday wasn’t really bad. The worst thing will be the wet roots that run across the trails get slippery. Both the school entrance and the 7-11 entrance were passable the last time i used them. There was a tree or two down in spots but just went around them. The overgrowth in Deer in generally last time in certain sections was pretty dense but you can get past it.

We are hitting Tranquility
The rain was probably close to an inch
DP should be fine but overgrowth is really bad. 7-11 was cut back about a month ago should be still ok.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Back
Top Bottom