Going Long and Hard.

The real nutty part of this event happened during the race, where Jeff Watts broke the course record by over 4-hours. He did it in 20-hours flat. According to his Strava post he trained for 2 years specifically to set this record. That’s 4 sub5 Centuries in a row with elevation, gravel, weather, stop lights, traffic, and zero support. While I was pulling into Breezewood after my first day, he had already finished 30 minutes ago. Mind boggling.
Holy crap had to look it up and see if his profile is public... just no words for something like this - thats some pro level shit

My legs are still shit but I hit the shop C Ride after work. We had a nice group this week. Usually the C Group is pretty small because everyone does the longer rides but we’re making it the cool ride to be on. Slow is cool.

IMG_4391.jpeg

Quite possibly the first day my legs don’t feel like mush enough to break out Rusty 2. So that was a good 5 days to recover from CtC, getting old SUCKS. Probably would’ve been shorter if you didn’t jump on a train and sit still for 10-hours immediately after finishing.

Anywho, Rusty 2.

19C11795-9117-46E0-9742-60F445BAD8D0.jpeg

And it’s new kit day.

IMG_4428.jpeg

AM:Watts ride this morning. Co-Led the B Ride. Was a little faster than advertised but no one seemed to mind, except one guy that fell on his face going through the swamp.

We had a good group.

C3B8E6D5-5011-4785-8BF2-67E0B753C075.jpeg

Rode Rusty 2 with a 44x16 which is a tooth easier than normal. I was spinning like a hamster well outside my comfort zone in a few sections, but the weirdo on the fixie never lost contact with the front.

5E34FACA-003F-4E2B-8AC0-B835FC81F57D.jpeg

Belle of the ball.

C57165D4-98E4-48B8-A20D-83D8453FB5E1.jpeg

Don’t really have anything going on so it’s been business as usual.

Track Bike Tuesday.

The new bars are a little shorter so I need a 120mm stem to get my position better.

1EC63585-79C2-45B6-B566-18D70246BE1E.jpeg

Wednesday shop ride. Branched out and did the C+ ride because it went right past Summit. Rode the Allez. The official drop date of the new group is next week and I’ll be able to have this thing out more.

7EF53659-78C3-43FB-B6B7-4F1AE85ADE21.jpeg

It’s supposed to be a secret. We actually sell out of AXS Groups pretty regular. I got rid of our Red groups because I knew since ‘22 this day was coming 😂
We might have known it's a secret if the rep (is there even a rep?) showed their face and did their job of informing us of these things....it might even drum up some business for SRAM...I guess that's why we do mostly Shimano anymore, at least Wayne shows up...also, if we had as many dentists as you do, we would have the same experience...

We might have known it's a secret if the rep (is there even a rep?) showed their face and did their job of informing us of these things....it might even drum up some business for SRAM...I guess that's why we do mostly Shimano anymore, at least Wayne shows up...also, if we had as many dentists as you do, we would have the same experience...

We’re the opposite, I haven’t seen Wayne in the shop in 10+years. We literally have a shelving unit filled with 12-speed Di2 that’s been there untouched since we got the order.

By comparison, we’ve seen the SRAM Rep once every 2 years or so, and I work for them so don’t feel bad.

Rep or not we just do more sram because shimano really shit the bed not going wireless on the last update. It’s such a huge disappointment when literally every other manufacturer is wireless.

The new drop will put a nail in shimano’s coffin if they don’t go wireless on the new 13 speed group.

Hackettstown 200k pre-ride.

Volunteering next weekend so hit the pre-ride today. Wanted to ride the Allez so I did the 200 because this bike hurts after 100-Miles.

Caught Mac and Gary and Paul during their pre-ride. I left an hour after them and was hoping to catch them further along to have a little company but ended up catching them in Montgomery. Hung out for a few miles before going back up to a slightly higher pace.

IMG_4565.jpeg

I did NOT ride a Rando setup in any way 😂

C9518F6A-6A87-48E4-9FB2-74961073B32F.jpeg

Somehow didn’t get a flat. That’s a world record 3 200k’s on this bike without a flat.

IMG_4575.jpeg

Today’s vibe.

IMG_4572.png

Back
Top Bottom