OOS MOGA

Yup , meet you at the pump track ! Looking forward to it as well. Anyone else is welcome to join of course
It’s going to be fun, especially if you enjoy watching an old, overweight and out of shape guy trashing his bike and possibly his face on the tarmac!

Thanks man I appreciate it. 2 things working against me to make it this weekend.

My MTB is currently on the DL with a busted rear wheel. And Sunday I am doing the Pinelands Gravel event so need to save my legs and limit any chance of having an issue the day before the event.

Next time !
I'll be in the pinelands Sunday. Might drop down to the short course, because I'm out of shape 😂

Sorry, but calling out anyone who says they're too busy or don't have time. Make the commitment and plan ahead. Ride how ever much you can, where ever it makes sense. Doesn't matter if it's 30 mins a week solo from your house around the block or a 3 hr adventure with buddies. Sacrifice a few hours of sleep for a predawn or start night rides. You'll be surprised how much "free" time you have. Now the caveat is if riding is low on your list, that's fair do what means more to you.
I'll be in the pinelands Sunday. Might drop down to the short course, because I'm out of shape 😂
Where did you move to again? Planning a ride schedule and would like to have one in the deep south

Sorry, but calling out anyone who says they're too busy or don't have time. Make the commitment and plan ahead. Ride how ever much you can, where ever it makes sense. Doesn't matter if it's 30 mins a week solo from your house around the block or a 3 hr adventure with buddies. Sacrifice a few hours of sleep for a predawn or start night rides. You'll be surprised how much "free" time you have. Now the caveat is if riding is low on your list, that's fair do what means more to you.

This is very true. I'll be the first to complain about not having enough time with two kids (5 and 7), a wife that works 80 hours a week, and endless house/yard work. Then last year I started Halter's July challenge thinking I'd get knocked out within a week, but I kept going. Kept making the time, late night rides, early morning rides, rainy rides... 31+hours in a month. The time is there, you just have to prioritize it.

I’ll be with one other guy from the Marty’s shop we are a two man group this year and we are doing the 75 again.

The real challenge will be when the rain is coming but I’m somewhat optimistic we might make it to 12-1pm before we get wet. If it’s a disaster we will cut off some miles.

At least there will be some good beer at the end. Maybe see u there.

I’ll be with one other guy from the Marty’s shop we are a two man group this year and we are doing the 75 again.

The real challenge will be when the rain is coming but I’m somewhat optimistic we might make it to 12-1pm before we get wet. If it’s a disaster we will cut off some miles.

At least there will be some good beer at the end. Maybe see u there.
Rain is also weighing in on the decision to shorten the ride. I'd likely be miserable at the end of 75 miles on a dry day, being cold and wet as well sound terrible, lol. I'll be on a sand colored gt grade, feel free to say hi!

Rain is also weighing in on the decision to shorten the ride. I'd likely be miserable at the end of 75 miles on a dry day, being cold and wet as well sound terrible, lol. I'll be on a sand colored gt grade, feel free to say hi!
I’ve done the 75 for previous two events but depending how the weather goes we also may cut it short.

I’ll be on a red Checkpoint wearing rain gear 🤪☔️😖

What a coincidence that @Mahnken ended up parked right next to me today at Pinelands gravel event.

Good to meet in person hope you had a good ride. I didn’t get any rain all day until the last 10 minutes at mile 70 or so. got lucky.

Here’s the pic I took at the start since I can’t dm it to you here.
IMG_6480.jpeg

What a coincidence that @Mahnken ended up parked right next to me today at Pinelands gravel event.

Good to meet in person hope you had a good ride. I didn’t get any rain all day until the last 10 minutes at mile 70 or so. got lucky.

Here’s the pic I took at the start since I can’t dm it to you here.
View attachment 237839
Nice meeting you guys today! Had a good ride, but probably should've stuck with a longer course. I passed a few people after breaking off from you guys, but was basically by myself for the rest of the ride 🤣. I hung out for a bit afterwords, had a burrito and headed back home. Guess I missed ya by 10 minutes or so, started raining as I drove out of the lot.

Nice meeting you guys today! Had a good ride, but probably should've stuck with a longer course. I passed a few people after breaking off from you guys, but was basically by myself for the rest of the ride 🤣. I hung out for a bit afterwords, had a burrito and headed back home. Guess I missed ya by 10 minutes or so, started raining as I drove out of the lot.
Well they split off from me at mile 15 and I spent about 3 hours riding solo too until 2 guys let me tag along for the last 15 miles and we rotated taking pulls.

Maybe see you for a MTB ride next time.

Back
Top Bottom