Bad Driving

Have had a dash cam for years, since I’ve had it nothing remarkable has happened since it’s been installed. Save the 2 times something awesome happened but passenger accidentally unplugged it. Shite u not.

Before that? Trucks doing 80 can’t choose toll lane and split ehdifference.

Someone go wrong way on exit ramp onto highway into )coming traffic and become fireworks.

Etc.

U wanna keep seeing crazy stuff? No dash cam. Wanna never see anything crazy again? Dash cam.

i wish this were true, the dash cam has not stopped people from doing crazy shit in my vicinity.

i wish this were true, the dash cam has not stopped people from doing crazy shit in my vicinity.
oh yeah stupidity will never disappear, was just being cynical/silly that all the crazy shite i used to see never happens when the camera is rolling...

This morning, while traveling north on Route 1 just by the Route 130 Interchange, I had headlights facing me in the left lane with a car against the barrier. I had to rub my eyes as I didn't believe it at first.

2 other vehicles were along the barrier 5 lanes away by the bowling alley. By the time my wife went by 25-30 minutes later there was another 6 car pile up in the same area, with the original cars still there.

Its a wild world, be safe out there.

Waiting in the left turn lane and and this car approaches in the travel lane while the light was green and stops 1 car ahead of me and signals like someone can even move and let her in. Lucky for her the light turned red 5 seconds later you can even see the one car that went around.

She proceeded to stay there until the left arrow went green and then the car in front of me didn’t let her in so she decided she would rather try to take my front bumper off and proceeds to cut in front of me regardless of my hand embedded in my horn.

IMG_5054.jpeg

Gonna look into dash cams after yesterday, have genuine concerns.

Had a guy in a grey 4 door Nissan truck just going bonkers behind me, road rage or something else. Coming home from Batsto on 542 I first notice him tailgating and swerving about behind the car behind me. Make a right at the blueberry bush farm and he does too. He then starts flying right up to within a foot of my bike on the back of my car, tailgates for a minute and then backs off to a safe distance. He did this repeatedly for over 5 miles following me through 5 different turns at intersections.

I finally pull over some on Chew rd after turning off 206, waving him to go around. He would’t go around, just stayed behind me. I pulled over completely off the road, he did too. I’m waving him around and he just wouldn’t go around. A couple other vehicles were now slowing down to see what’s going on, some saw how he was driving. (He started to go around me when I was making the left off of 206, then recklessly swerved right back behind me to follow me through the turn. That’s when I knew I had to do something) He finally just punches it and pulls back on the road quickly catching up to a truck that just went by. This maniac drove right up on his ass and was swerving back and forth over both lines. I continued and soon he was out of sight. A few miles later I saw him pulled over and leaning against his truck watching me drive by. WTF? Felt I should report it but I didn’t get a tag number, guy is a menace.

Had a guy in a grey 4 door Nissan truck just going bonkers behind me, road rage or something else. Coming home from Batsto on 542 I first notice him tailgating and swerving about behind the car behind me. Make a right at the blueberry bush farm and he does too. He then starts flying right up to within a foot of my bike on the back of my car, tailgates for a minute and then backs off to a safe distance. He did this repeatedly for over 5 miles following me through 5 different turns at intersections.

I finally pull over some on Chew rd after turning off 206, waving him to go around. He would’t go around, just stayed behind me. I pulled over completely off the road, he did too. I’m waving him around and he just wouldn’t go around. A couple other vehicles were now slowing down to see what’s going on, some saw how he was driving. (He started to go around me when I was making the left off of 206, then recklessly swerved right back behind me to follow me through the turn. That’s when I knew I had to do something) He finally just punches it and pulls back on the road quickly catching up to a truck that just went by. This maniac drove right up on his ass and was swerving back and forth over both lines. I continued and soon he was out of sight. A few miles later I saw him pulled over and leaning against his truck watching me drive by. WTF? Felt I should report it but I didn’t get a tag number, guy is a menace.

Sounds like he was genuinely looking for a fight.

That worm moon got him jacked up.

exactly why i got a dash cam, to protect myself w/ evidence against other's stoopidity

had a friend get into an accident late at night when someone floated into his lane and hit him head on (guessing they were using their phone to do something uber important like play candy crush or something)

w/o the video it could have been a he said/she said of who hit who in what lane..w/ the video open and shut other person 100% at fault

they make units that also have rear facing, i didn't get one cuz i got a jeep so good luck seeing out back plastic window when top up and when top down a good chunk of the year no good place to mount the rear one so i'm only covered up front

Sounds like he was genuinely looking for a fight.

That worm moon got him jacked up.

i believe so, at minimum he was trying to intimidate or provoke me.

Now I’m looking at 12 volt DVRs so I can flush mount some cameras discretely. Don’t want them in my field of vision, I’m a weenie about dashboard aesthetics.

Very tragic. There's time lapse video on Qualified Captain showing there was 2 power outages resulting in total loss of control before the collision. Was being piloted by a river pilot as required and there was a mayday.

Haven’t heard how many cars/ trucks were on the bridge but they were able to stop most traffic. There was a lot more a few minutes before the impact. Unfortunately there was a pot hole crew of 8 on the bridge, 6 still missing. One is OK and the other they pulled out of the water is in bad shape.

i believe so, at minimum he was trying to intimidate or provoke me.

Now I’m looking at 12 volt DVRs so I can flush mount some cameras discretely. Don’t want them in my field of vision, I’m a weenie about dashboard aesthetics.

lots of options out there that sit up behind the rear view mirror and mount pretty much flat, completely out of vision and very discreet to the point if you dont look for it you dont notice it even from outside the car.

Amazon product ASIN B08DV51H2X
this is the one i have in my car (should probably upgrade the one in my truck to this but lazy)

1711571533982.jpeg
Coming over the Kryllos bridge under the RR trestle into RB when this truck tries to duck under the opposing traffic side to try and squeeze under the RR. Police cruiser just happened to be there and lit up, blocking his way. Guy has to turn around between the trestle and the bridge/river into a tiny marina. Stopped traffic for quite a while.

Never seen this move at Metropark before.

The parking deck has one way ramps with orange slender flexible cones that can bend all the way down and spring back up to block cars from going the wrong direction intentionally.

Train is about to pull up in 3min, dude slowly rolls over one of the cones (center of front bumper) to get to the closest parking spot in the downwards ramp. Many cars ahead and trailing to witness. No cares for private property or his accord. BOSS

I have gotten the "right hook" from a car many times while out road riding where the car speeds ahead to turn in front of you, but how about getting right hooked while dog walking?!

I was walking the dog on the usual loop in my neighborhood yesterday on the sidewalk and i can hear the car coming from behind me which I didnt really pay attention to, until the car scoots ahead and bombs into the next driveway literally 6 feet ahead of me. Then proceeds to stop and park right in the path of the sidewalk instead of pulling all the way into the driveway. Seems the passenger needed to get dropped off so urgently that pedestrians and dogs dont matter.

Good thing my dog is leash trained properly it didnt really phase her since she always walks next to me, but i was like - really ahole you couldnt wait. Subsequent stare down was pointless because you cant fix stupid.

Back
Top Bottom