Camp Cromwell property

finally got back and did COUNTERclockwise, i think i like clockwise better but both great and need a lot more laps to decide

tree down roughly at the red slash, it's near those 2 new wooden bridges that are definitely not shaped to encourage...checks notes...shedding water

1715304307593.png

Last edited:
finally got back and did clockwise, i think i like counter better but both great and need a lot more laps to decide

tree down roughly at the red slash, it's near those 2 new wooden bridges that are definitely not shaped to encourage...checks notes...shedding water

View attachment 238127
Is going down the big berm CW or CCW? I couldn't imagine missing that section, I usually loop back and do it a second time. I'm directionally challenged but usually hang a right inside the park, so CCW? Btw, which app is your map from?

finally got back and did clockwise, i think i like counter better but both great and need a lot more laps to decide

Last 2 rides I did the east half clockwise, then down one new trail, then the west half CCW, then down the other new trail. Plenty of ways to put it together!

The OCD in me likes a nice neat loop, but the two middle trails are too fun to skip.

Screenshot_20240510-080740.png

Is going down the big berm CW or CCW? I couldn't imagine missing that section, I usually loop back and do it a second time. I'm directionally challenged but usually hang a right inside the park, so CCW? Btw, which app is your map from?
had to update my post as i was lit when i wrote it so got the directions wrong! yeah, upon entering from the black trail/cromwell connector, go left and hop on single track is CW, go right to enter st is CCW

map was from trailforks website in chrome on laptop (not from app on phone)

I’m not correlating the red line and 2 new wooden bridges. New? Wooden bridges?
red line is roughly where the tree down was (i didn't stop to pin it and since only second time on trail I'm guesstimating)

yeah, there were two small wooden bridges i rode over in that area, not flat, very almost table-toppish shaped (but not quite)

Last 2 rides I did the east half clockwise, then down one new trail, then the west half CCW, then down the other new trail. Plenty of ways to put it together!

The OCD in me likes a nice neat loop, but the two middle trails are too fun to skip.
nice! been thinking about how to loop it as a figure 8 or something using those interior connectors, once i get a bit more familiar w/ the place gonna try some variations of that

Reactions: rlb
nice! been thinking about how to loop it as a figure 8 or something using those interior connectors, once i get a bit more familiar w/ the place gonna try some variations of that
For some reason it took me a few solo rides to mentally sort out the trails here. Mapping/spatial data management is my day job so I tie it all to the map visual in my head. The trail map on my Garmin was doing something funky here making it more difficult for me to understand.

Getting to the point, it's a pretty simple navigation once it clicks in your brain.

Got it. Your red line is a little south of that. But I understand what you mean.

completely forgot to mention, when i was finishing up at cromwell yesterday i saw someone on a mini moto on the gravel section near where you enter the site from black trail...full face helmet and all...not saying he was going to hit the singletrack, so can't say for sure he did, but he very well might have, fwiw...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions