Cancer - The Big C

I think you got this, be strong for your boy and your family but always keep in mind there’s no shame in asking for help or just moral support during tough times! Sending all the positive vibes I can spare your way!

We had a great off week. Got in pedal time with bro and 100s of family and friends showed their support for Harrison this weekend and Steps-Together. The 100 Laps of Healing event raised a record $7,454 to support families in medical crisis (we are not beneficiaries). My goal was 25laps which a completed and our daughter ran 19 just because kids can! On the other hand and sadly he caught a fever and Mrs and him just left for the ER (standard process). I’ll see the girl gets to school and see them soon.
90B0DBA7-4140-4047-8898-2F29CC419AE2.jpeg
0261E473-5E37-459B-8A4E-C73DBC21E1FF.jpeg
58862D0C-B1B2-41BB-810D-F61587A06A57.jpeg

Last edited:
Been following this Manny, wishing you and your family the best. Last couple of years I have learned more about cancer than I ever wanted to know....Several friends, my mom having breast cancer, my cousin recently dying of esophageal cancer... Really sucks.

@UtahJoe thank you man! I’m sorry to hear about your loved ones. Wishing your family and friends nothing but the best and sending them prayers as well.

The statistics on cancer diagnosis is shocking. Mentioned earlier, get your check ups and pay attention to your body.

yesterday was a tough day. Talking to insurance sorting bills. UHC rep was really great and they put you in a family program where you get the same rep and team to help. She wished us and son all the best at the end and I broke down.

probably my favorite sticker I've come across. It will go on my moto helmet.
unicat.JPG

yesterday was a tough day. Talking to insurance sorting bills. UHC rep was really great and they put you in a family program where you get the same rep and team to help. She wished us and son all the best at the end and I broke down.

probably my favorite sticker I've come across. It will go on my moto helmet.
View attachment 188979
Maybe UHC has improved in the past 16 years. They basically told us FU in as many ways as they could. They still paid out close to $2mil, but my wife had to fight to get every bill covered.

@Frank ha of course! I edited it and added that part. It was really what I wanted to share. It's odd or not. Not kept busy running to the clinic or hospital as much has made me think or realize more everything going on.

https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/9697355-fuck-off-leukemia-caticorn-butterfly

@Bike N Gear I hope so but also coverage is dependent on your plan with employer, right? One of the first things doc said was you work for an institution your health coverage is really good.

I've been to those HR open enrollment sessions and never would I have thought to ask. Does this plan cover cancer and details of that please? EVERYONE reading this should ask!

Last edited:
@Frank ha of course! I edited it and added that part. It was really what I wanted to share. It's odd or not. Not kept busy running to the clinic or hospital as much has made me think or realize more everything going on.

https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/9697355-fuck-off-leukemia-caticorn-butterfly

@Bike N Gear I hope so but also coverage is dependent on your plan with employer, right? One of the first things doc said was you work for an institution your health coverage is really good.

I've been to those HR open enrollment sessions and never would I have thought to ask. Does this plan cover cancer and details of that please? EVERYONE reading this should ask!
Pure coincidence, but the former owner of my business insurance company was just here. He used to audit insurance companies. Said 25% of UHC bills are incorrect.

Honestly it's hard to know what to say here sometimes. I'm glad you guys are doing better, hard to imagine what has been going on in your head. Gotta be tough to stay positive all the time but your attitude is pretty amazing. I kinda missed the other fundraiser events but if have anything else coming up please keep us posted. I think I have a couple kid items for you, if you think anything will brighten up the day I'd be happy to bring them down.

Back
Top Bottom