Chimney Rock Conditions

Still 80% dry with enough puddles to get you dirty. A couple of sections were very wet. I did red, white & blue.
White is fine. Blue wet at the top & bottom. I already forgot where the wet spots were on red, but I'm sure there were a few. I heard the other side of Chimney Rock Rd was much drier yesterday.
1000009751.jpg

Still 80% dry with enough puddles to get you dirty. A couple of sections were very wet. I did red, white & blue.
White is fine. Blue wet at the top & bottom. I already forgot where the wet spots were on red, but I'm sure there were a few. I heard the other side of Chimney Rock Rd was much drier yesterday. View attachment 236418
Good God is that a steel fork?

Reactions: rlb
Rode all of red and a bit of blue and was shocked at how good the conditions were. Turned around when I got to the top of blue because, well, river.

Lower interior red was probably the worst, would avoid it.

The red line on the map, that hanger that's been there for 1-2 years finally dropped. Thankfully brittle and broke in the right spots so even tho no tools was able to clear it.

Someone got to the tree on lower red as well, no obstructions on my entire route.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 4.24.14 PM.jpeg

I rode this afternoon. Did a typical Fun Monday loop…

IMG_0930.jpeg

I’d say 95% fantastic, with a few puddles that weren’t to bad, and a few mud holes that were a disaster, but not enough to not ride. Worst, as expected was Blue.

Tree down just past the gate at Gilbride Lot
IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0929.jpeg

I took care of the above tree on black. There was a couple reported on upper blue that I’m not sure if they were cleared yet. If anyone gets up that way, please chime in with an update. Or any other issues.
Thanks

Rode what i think was most of CR yesterday and everything except blue was dry as a bone. Blue is mostly dry but there are a number of wet stretches with standing soft ground.

Also, where is the new, reworked section we rode on the group ride back in Oct? i think i missed that this time.

1713961620158.png

Rode what i think was most of CR yesterday and everything except blue was dry as a bone. Blue is mostly dry but there are a number of wet stretches with standing soft ground.

Also, where is the new, reworked section we rode on the group ride back in Oct? i think i missed that this time.
my guess is you're referring to the re-routes on white as you did miss that section:
1713970779253.png

The rocks and roots were a little slick after the rain last night, and a a few scattered puddles here and there. But otherwise things are looking good! The dirt was nice and tacky.

Careful on the yellow trail down along the river, someone has been pulling rocks again and there's a lot of loose ones.

Also there's a tree down on high tech, super small and doable with hand tools I just didn't have any.

Screenshot_20240428-065735.png

Also there's a tree down on high tech, super small and doable with hand tools I just didn't have any.
I was coming down High Tech and saw this, luckily I was able to stop in time. This was in a really bad spot, you're coming in hot and it was right after rock over.
It was a dead limb with Honeysuckle vines attached. Me and Joe just pulled it off the trail.
@Kirt 2hrs of TM for me and Joe. Tanks.
20240428_110204.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions