H2H. Jungle Roll call and recaps

This was my first race last season. Looking forward to this Saturday. I have not been on a MTB since December. šŸ˜‚
Looks like the course is reversed from last year. So that should be fun!
Do we go down otterslide and Animal Shute?

Couldn't tell on the bikereg page...USAC license needed for Cat 1? I know some other races require it to race Cat 1 and there is no Day of for that for Cat 1 sometimes. Just curious...Haven't done a hard effort in months so not sure I would even do it anyway...toying with the idea endurance for a few hours as that's about the only riding pace I've been doing lol.

Couldn't tell on the bikereg page...USAC license needed for Cat 1? I know some other races require it to race Cat 1 and there is no Day of for that for Cat 1 sometimes. Just curious...Haven't done a hard effort in months so not sure I would even do it anyway...toying with the idea endurance for a few hours as that's about the only riding pace I've been doing lol.
Usac sanctioned Race.
License required for cat 1,2,3
I purchased a day of for $15 as opposed to $110 for the year.
Probably doing only 4 H2H races this year.
Seemed logical.

In the past, cat 1 could do a one day license (& only 1 time per year) for $25. It looks like it's now $35.

One day or annual license needed for all categories as this is a USAC permitted event. Great opportunity for riders to gain USAC points for call ups at Nationals at Bear Creek PA this summer.

One day or annual license needed for all categories as this is a USAC permitted event. Great opportunity for riders to gain USAC points for call ups at Nationals at Bear Creek PA this summer.
Thanks @MtnRider For my case specifically I'm not worried about USAC points (those days are many years behind me), but it's an important point for those that are concerned. Just looking in to options for day of if I can make it happen.

We just registered in cat2...My daughter and I. Question for those who've done this before, it says we do one short and one long loop, but how well are they marked? I assume there is at least one "fork in the road" so to speak where you could both the loop. Seems a bit strange to me to do it this way.

We just registered in cat2...My daughter and I. Question for those who've done this before, it says we do one short and one long loop, but how well are they marked? I assume there is at least one "fork in the road" so to speak where you could both the loop. Seems a bit strange to me to do it this way.

Yes. Last year it was splitting at safari and fish, going downhill. Rejoined at an intersection north of the top of animal chute, through the gate and went through the tunnels.

It think there was a water station there.

No idea how it will work in reverse

Yes. Last year it was splitting at safari and fish, going downhill. Rejoined at an intersection north of the top of animal chute, through the gate and went through the tunnels.

It think there was a water station there.

No idea how it will work in reverse
Thanks, but I dont know these trails. But how do they mark those spots so you dont inadvertently go the wrong way. I mean sometimes when its just one loop and there are no ā€œchoicesā€ its easy to go off course (hello Mayhem šŸ¤£). It seems daunting to have to deal with multiple options under race conditions.

Do they just use signs? Do they close sections after all riders passed through? Use marshals at the intersections?

Maybe these are dopey questions, but Iā€™ve only done a handful of xc races and this is a first for me.

Thanks, but I dont know these trails. But how do they mark those spots so you dont inadvertently go the wrong way. I mean sometimes when its just one loop and there are no ā€œchoicesā€ its easy to go off course (hello Mayhem šŸ¤£). It seems daunting to have to deal with multiple options under race conditions.

Do they just use signs? Do they close sections after all riders passed through? Use marshals at the intersections?

Maybe these are dopey questions, but Iā€™ve only done a handful of xc races and this is a first for me.
Youā€™ll just need to put your faith in the promoter that they will have a clear layout and make it obvious which way you need to go. šŸ¤ž

Last year there was bright orange arrows painted on the ground at the split. There may have been a volunteer there, butt I can't member.

Thanks All. Not overly concerned for myself, I am NOT likely to be competitive. Racing for fun since I will be there anyway. Mostly anticipating these questions from my daughter who takes racing a lot more seriously.

It really wouldn't be so bad if I do two short loops by mistake :cool:

Back
Top Bottom