iPhone recommendations

Robin

My Pixel has bit the dust. We've always been Droid people but have decided to switch to iPhone.

I looked at what iPhones are available...the 13 to 15. I see a range of prices.

I've heard that the big deal about the 15 is the camera. And USB C plug is a bonus.

I'm not looking for anything specific (or another mortgage) but is the 13 (or 14) just fine??

I grabbed a 14 Pro Max when a deal popped up a few months after release. We actually upgraded four phones for nothing $. It was a nice change from my iPhone 10. Not much extra on the 15, so I would see what kind of deals you can find on the 14. That said, sometimes the best deals are on the newest phones 🤷‍♂️

I grabbed a 14 Pro Max when a deal popped up a few months after release. We actually upgraded four phones for nothing $. It was a nice change from my iPhone 10. Not much extra on the 15, so I would see what kind of deals you can find on the 14. That said, sometimes the best deals are on the newest phones 🤷‍♂️
I’d tend to agree with this. Check with your phone carrier sometimes you can do a trade in and get a huge discount or at least spread out the cost over a year or so.

We have Verizon and I was able to upgrade my wife’s older iPhone 10 to a 14 Pro Max ?(the one with the massive screen) for basically nothing.

I’ve still got my 13 pro and it does everything i need but if I was getting an iPhone for the first time might at least consider the 14 series.

Make sure you get a decent case and screen protector for whatever phone you buy they are delicate especially out in the woods. And the AppleCare warranty or extended warranty could be worth it depending how long you like to keep your devices.

The 14 and 15 have the always on displays which are nice if you want to use as an alarm clock.
but otherwise the 13 is good

you need to pull that 15 out in front of the kids, let them know how you roll!

that said, I have a 13 which i'm paying off over two years @ $30/mo or something like that.

LOL - now iPhone is winning the race in a few needs/categories.

I'd be interested to hear your take on switching. I've been an Android user since 2009, I tried twice to see what the iPhone was about in the last ~3 years and I think I made it a total of 7 days with an iPhone between both tries. Pixel 7 Pro has been great for me!

Whatever you do, just get the USB C version. One annoying part of it all was trying to find cables. If you've been using your pixel a while you've probably got USB Cs all over the house.

@rlb I have some medical apps that are only for iPhone. My husband's guitar apps work better on his iPad than phone. Group texts.

Reactions: rlb
I just swapped to an iPhone as well. Mostly because the Samsung phones have gotten so big that they no longer fit in any of my bags or pockets very well. I have a 14Pro which has a great camera, while not technically as good as an Android, the program they use is so much better you'd never tell. Any of my photos in the past 6 months or so have been with the iPhone if that gives you a reference.

WELCOME your iPhone buddies will appreciate you more
this was a long time ago but I once hated everything apple
My first was an iphone 6 then 11. Still on the 11 regular. No complaints as I don't zoom.

I'd be interested to hear your take on switching. I've been an Android user since 2009, I tried twice to see what the iPhone was about in the last ~3 years and I think I made it a total of 7 days with an iPhone between both tries. Pixel 7 Pro has been great for me!

Whatever you do, just get the USB C version. One annoying part of it all was trying to find cables. If you've been using your pixel a while you've probably got USB Cs all over the house.
I have both and to me Pixel is way better.

My Pixel has bit the dust. We've always been Droid people but have decided to switch to iPhone.

I looked at what iPhones are available...the 13 to 15. I see a range of prices.

I've heard that the big deal about the 15 is the camera. And USB C plug is a bonus.

I'm not looking for anything specific (or another mortgage) but is the 13 (or 14) just fine??
I am still in the dark ages with a 13pro as my personal phone and an 11(!!!) as my work phone. They are both working just fine for my needs. But maybe my pictures suck :)

Back
Top Bottom