Is the inflated Bike market finally crashing?

DCRainmaker has an article on the Stages collapse, what lead to it and the tie-in w/ Giant.

That was a good read. Thanks.

This was interesting:
For example, years ago, Giant was the manufacturing partner for the original Wahoo KICKR smart trainers.

I still have my original KICKR from '15 or '16. Thing is a tank. I've heard that later ones were not nearly as robust.

Does 1% even matter?

Isn't every bike clothing mostly going for 90% lifestyle market? Flannel shirts for mountain bikers anyone?

DCRainmaker has an article on the Stages collapse, what lead to it and the tie-in w/ Giant.

reminded me of the unbelievable number of stages crankarms that failed on me. I think it was 7 IIRC.

In one of the Sea Otter videos, someone described the current attitude as "Survive to '25" - which I suppose is quite relevant these days.

Would anyone notice if ENVE was gone?

I posted this on the Bike Rumor article. We used to build ENVE wheels, and use their cockpits on every build almost. These days no one even asks about them. With all the companies using proprietary hidden front ends they had to lose almost all of their business. Then they had the rim splitting issues for years that scared everyone away from their rims. They actually never fixed the rim failure issues, they just installed a tubeless valve with a bleed hole in it so you can’t overinflate a tire and destroy the wheel. And then they made tires that have to be cut off their own wheels because the beads are oversized. Company really fell apart when they were bought last time around…

Does 1% even matter?

It matters to the 1% that got rid of, most likely not the same 1% usually part of the conversation though...

I posted this on the Bike Rumor article. We used to build ENVE wheels, and use their cockpits on every build almost. These days no one even asks about them. With all the companies using proprietary hidden front ends they had to lose almost all of their business. Then they had the rim splitting issues for years that scared everyone away from their rims. They actually never fixed the rim failure issues, they just installed a tubeless valve with a bleed hole in it so you can’t overinflate a tire and destroy the wheel. And then they made tires that have to be cut off their own wheels because the beads are oversized. Company really fell apart when they were bought last time around…

I wonder if having a bike the world tour will help or hurt.

It matters to the 1% that got rid of, most likely not the same 1% usually part of the conversation though...

In this case they got rid of the least important 1%…middle management. They do absolutely nothing and bring nothing to the table. Best case scenario they forward emails from the people that make the decisions to the people that do the work. They’re like product reps which also bring nothing to the table.

In this case they got rid of the least important 1%…middle management. They do absolutely nothing and bring nothing to the table. Best case scenario they forward emails from the people that make the decisions to the people that do the work. They’re like product reps which also bring nothing to the table.

1714612216602.png

Does 1% even matter?

Oddly, 1% matters quite a bit. A corporation that improves its gross margin 1% would get a big pop in its equity valuation after that information became public. A 1% reduction in SG&A expenses (aka: "everything else") is almost as valuable. Any public company would disclose the detailed information in its "Restructuring" footnote to its 10-K filing. Those footnotes make relatively interesting reading, if you are into financial statements. Then again, who isn't?

Looking at you @Steve Vai

Back
Top Bottom