Post your BooBoo's

Anyone here ever have an inguinal hernia? Just got diagnosed with one. A result of my nothing crash from 3 weeks ago. :(
I managed to pop one out when I dropped my motorcycle. Took me a year to finally have it fixed, didn't bother me too much. I was back at work and cutting my grass within a week, back at the gym in less then 3 weeks. Easy surgery to recover from.

That's good to know. Did you get laparoscopic surgery or did they cut you open? How long was the recovery?
I had one over a dozen years ago. Mine was small, but it caused me a fair amount of pain, so I had the surgery. I have a 3"-4" incision scar that's only visible when I keep up on my Speedo line. 😆

That's good to know. Did you get laparoscopic surgery or did they cut you open? How long was the recovery?

They did the laparoscopic version with mesh to reinforce the torn area. The recovery went quickly. The only limitation from what I remember was that I couldn't lift anything heavy for a few weeks. I honestly hadn't thought about it since I saw your post.

Anyone here ever have an inguinal hernia? Just got diagnosed with one. A result of my nothing crash from 3 weeks ago. :(

Yes sir. Surgeon wanted to open me up to make sure he got it all stitched up and got the scar tissue out. And place a larger piece of mesh. Honestly, the first few days of recovery were worse than back surgery. Very sore and sensitive area, obviously. But the surgery was a success and I've never had another issue.

So this will be your first one of two? First one I had was open with mesh. Years later the other side gave out and that was laparoscopic with mesh.
In both cases the first week if you sneeze or laugh hard you will hurt.
I went to Dr. Joe Licatta in Ramsey. At the time, he would accept whatever your insurance paid and not bother with a co-pay. Good business model as I am sure he got a lot of patients by making it easy.
Great repair work and great Doctor. I can sneeze, cough, laugh, lift without a sudden bulge of guts popping out and me grabbing my nuts to make sure all is safe down there. This is either TMI or you can relate or hopefully you are not ripped that big or bad.
I learned after the first one, shave yourself before hand, torso down to thighs. Unless you want them to do it.

The Doctor:

So this will be your first one of two? First one I had was open with mesh. Years later the other side gave out and that was laparoscopic with mesh.
In both cases the first week if you sneeze or laugh hard you will hurt.
I went to Dr. Joe Licatta in Ramsey. At the time, he would accept whatever your insurance paid and not bother with a co-pay. Good business model as I am sure he got a lot of patients by making it easy.
Great repair work and great Doctor. I can sneeze, cough, laugh, lift without a sudden bulge of guts popping out and me grabbing my nuts to make sure all is safe down there. This is either TMI or you can relate or hopefully you are not ripped that big or bad.
I learned after the first one, shave yourself before hand, torso down to thighs. Unless you want them to do it.

The Doctor:
Good info. Hopefully it's my first and only one. I'm waiting on more info from the doctor but I'll keep Dr. Licata in mind.

Not sure what is going on here, my hand got smashed between two sizeable rocks yesterday during TM…did not hurt, I kept digging a drainage ditch. Then it started hurting. I could still lift things and put them down (I did) but I can’t really grip anything. Knuckles are more obvious, wrist not so much but it is swollen and slightly aching…will the hand fall off?
IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

Not sure what is going on here, my hand got smashed between two sizeable rocks yesterday during TM…did not hurt, I kept digging a drainage ditch. Then it started hurting. I could still lift things and put them down (I did) but I can’t really grip anything. Knuckles are more obvious, wrist not so much but it is swollen and slightly aching…will the hand fall off?
View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664
Did you sign your waiver? 😉 feel better

View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664

Go to a doctor. Do not pull a Pat and tape popsicle sticks to your fingers and hope for the best.

View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664
Dude, those knuckles ain’t right. Look to see if any orthopedics docs have urgent cares in your area. One of the ones local to me does and it’s great for a quick initial diagnosis. It fast tracks you to addressing the potential issue.

Last edited:
View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664

It's a gunner cut it off!

J/k I'm not aa Dr nor do I play one on TV. I also dod not stay at a holiday Inn express last night

View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664
Thankfully you can still drive, since the F-U finger appears to be unharmed. 😜.

Heal up quick, Leo.

View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664
Hope you already took off that ring before they have to cut it off !

Seriously go to an urgent care X-rays to make sure something isn’t worse than it seems.

Ice on and off for 24 - 48 hours too.

Good luck.

Wow, rampant optimism, I see. Index finger has already started to turn back to its normal color, ring finger seems a little slower probably because…ring? Thank you all but it looks worse than it feels so I made the executive decision not to see a doctor.

Wow, rampant optimism, I see. Index finger has already started to turn back to its normal color, ring finger seems a little slower probably because…ring? Thank you all but it looks worse than it feels so I made the executive decision not to see a doctor.

Great choice Munson!

CvAvI2EXEAAsoB8.jpg

View attachment 224662
View attachment 224664
New hand day !!!

Back
Top Bottom