Sirius XM chatter

Just got an email for $3.99/month plus a $25 gift card. That’s $1.90/month, with free upgrade to the Platinum plan.
Thanks. Had to re-up today. Used chat this time. A little easier than calling. Was at $5 per mo plus fees each for two cars. Argued for 3.99 plus fees or cancelling both. They gave it to me, so cheaper than previous year.

Thanks. Had to re-up today. Used chat this time. A little easier than calling. Was at $5 per mo plus fees each for two cars. Argued for 3.99 plus fees or cancelling both. They gave it to me, so cheaper than previous year.
What service are you getting for $3.99? I might need to call again.

Time for renewal. Last year got a 5.99/month plan for car/streaming. Was scheduled to increase to 18.99/month. Logged onto chat, requested my payments stay same, and voila. Done.

Time for renewal. Last year got a 5.99/month plan for car/streaming. Was scheduled to increase to 18.99/month. Logged onto chat, requested my payments stay same, and voila. Done.
Awesome! Time for me to do the same, I just got the email that my "promo" period is ending.

Right now you can get $4.99 with free platinum upgrade for a year. I just got that last week after I had negotiated down to $6.99 3 weeks before.

Another painless annual renewal via chat. less than 20 minutes total time in the chat, including the post-chat survey. 8.99/mo total for two cars with platinum plans. Setting a calendar reminder for 3 days before the auto renew date is the secret for me. I would completely forget otherwise.

8 years into this thread - spaceX is now looking at global data delivery over the cell network.
SXM only has an advantage where cell reception is non-existent. With ubiquitous low earth satellites,
one way (asymmetric) delivery is easy (small request, large response) how long can it last.

They are trying to pivot to an app, but how can they compete with no IP?
tight car integration without using car play or Android auto?
GM is putting Android os in the car, and the car manufacturer controls the app store for their cars.
I installed Waze locally. problem is apps get resource constrained, and bugs are squashed, the hw starts to limit functionality - I replace my car every 7 years,,
I replace my phone every 3....

Oh, I have Pandora premium family as an employee benefit.
Bit rate seems higher. Sounds good. song transitions aren't always great. I like it better than SXM app.

--- silly tax tricks --
Warren buffet is doing his bud over at liberty media (John Malone) a favor.
He will then harvest the loss against massive gains. (he is buying the loss at a discount)
this is one of the coolest tax tricks ever - I have a company that has gone under, and in the last year has a huge loss that can't be taken against any gain.
you sell the loss at 25% of the tax rate. example

I have a $1,000,000 loss. a company with a tax rate of 20% would buy my loss for $50,000 cause they can take it against their gain
reducing their tax burden by $200,000

Last edited:
wow, im now 18 years into my original $349 lifetime membership......$1.61 a month now.
Do you still have your original radio!?

I joined just before Howard Jumped on. Now I only listen to interviews/music I want to hear as the rest of the content has dribbled away to have big names promote their own stuff.

I joined just before Howard Jumped on. Now I only listen to interviews/music I want to hear as the rest of the content has dribbled away to have big names promote their own stuff.
haha oh god no...although I have been using the same one since 2012 when I got my ford focus....They give you the $$$$ transfer fee, but I have yet to ever pay for it after I called them.

I enjoy the sports stuff....music...I dont listen to howard as much anymore...ill listen to him interview someone interesting. But most of the time I wont listen live, so im playing it on my phone to avoid commercial breaks if its a talk show

haha oh god no...although I have been using the same one since 2012 when I got my ford focus....They give you the $$$$ transfer fee, but I have yet to ever pay for it after I called them.

I enjoy the sports stuff....music...I dont listen to howard as much anymore...ill listen to him interview someone interesting. But most of the time I wont listen live, so im playing it on my phone to avoid commercial breaks if its a talk show
So did either of you here Pearl Jam interview last week or John Bon Jovi yesterday? You missed Marianne from Brooklyn screaming yesterday?

So did either of you here Pearl Jam interview last week or John Bon Jovi yesterday? You missed Marianne from Brooklyn screaming yesterday?
not yet....I usually save them up for longer trips. I did listen to Howards interview of the president on sunday...I mean for no other reason than "howard stern...fartman...he is now interviewing the president.....wow....what has happened lol"

not yet....I usually save them up for longer trips. I did listen to Howards interview of the president on sunday...I mean for no other reason than "howard stern...fartman...he is now interviewing the president.....wow....what has happened lol"
Luckily for me, my short commute to/from work and being able to listen online at work, I can hear an entire show pieced together at different intervals.

No way Fartman would have continued paying the bills long-term. Change happens. Been listening since 1986. While I didn't listen to the entire POTUS interview, I tried to listening to some of it. Definitely a big get for the show. The parts I did hear were pretty informative about the man and not political discussion.

Looking forward to J-Lo next week.

Back
Top Bottom