Sourlands Area Roads Updates

They just chip-sealed all of Lindbergh. Which the entire upper half was repaved last year. Why chip-seal the whole thing??

They just chip-sealed all of Lindbergh. Which the entire upper half was repaved last year. Why chip-seal the whole thing??

This just made one of my favorite moto roads unrideable on one of my motobikes. Boo. But the for another in the garage, it will be more fun. Yay.

Because chip seal is the cheaper maintenance in the long run and they typically do not do an edge to edge pave on those roads

Add Linvale to the list!

Holy smokes! I bet they hit snydertown and my fall season will be spent in Somerset county.

I did take the little moto to check it out this morning before heading to the shore. Some good sized gravel piles that get a bit sketchy.

Holy smokes! I bet they hit snydertown and my fall season will be spent in Somerset county.

I did take the little moto to check it out this morning before heading to the shore. Some good sized gravel piles that get a bit sketchy.

Ha I was braking like a chump going down Linvale today. Haven't checked the sourland spectacular routes yet to see if any are on these roads.

PS just checked, same as last year. Avoiding the chipsealed roads

I've done a few road rides in the Sourlands coming down out of the Flemington area. Two in Feb of about 25 miles each and one in May of 31 miles that included Ringoes and Hopewell. Been on both Lindbergh and Linvale. Don't want to ride them with fresh chip seal.

Love the roads up on the Sourland ridge. It's like your own personal paved trail (with an occasional car).

IMG_3927.jpg

Yes, I cheated on some of the climbs.

Add Spring Hill - I was going to go down it and turned around as soon as I hit chip-seal. But Wertzville was the worst - they are doing it right now. I rode one section and I could hear and feel the bottom of my systemsix being chip-blasted. Then after coming down Rileyville, I had to ride a short section that they just completed. My tires got so coated with tar little stones kept sticking to them for the next few miles. Very annoying

PS forgot to mention the unpaved section of Montgomery is really washboarded. It felt like my bike was going to rattle to pieces.

Last edited:
It's only that first bit of Spring Hill that has been chip sealed, <0.5mile.

I was coming down from Zion and didn't want to do that steep S curve if it was all chip sealed so bagged it. I noticed the chipseal on Lindbergh stops over the hump and is not on the steepest part of Hopewell-Amwell

Add Spring Hill - I was going to go down it and turned around as soon as I hit chip-seal. But Wertzville was the worst - they are doing it right now. I rode one section and I could hear and feel the bottom of my systemsix being chip-blasted. Then after coming down Rileyville, I had to ride a short section that they just completed. My tires got so coated with tar little stones kept sticking to them for the next few miles. Very annoying

PS forgot to mention the unpaved section of Montgomery is really washboarded. It felt like my bike was going to rattle to pieces.

Montgomery was ok to me. Just gotta snake through the right spots on the bicycle. Moto soaked it right up with a low hum while rolling along.

This really puts a damper on all my regulars for powered two wheel fun. My dirt bike is going to get a lot of use until the loose stuff is gone.

Back
Top Bottom