What are you cooking right now?

Turducken variation with most of family away. Prepped for what's being called a Durken. Duck stuffed with chicken and turkey breasts. Premade the three dressings for assembly tomorrow morning, should take about 7 hrs at 250F vs the last turducken which took 13 hrs. Duck deboned and drying for two days.
PXL_20231122_132215245.jpgPXL_20231122_023021581.jpg

Curious what knives every one is using... When I got my first Wustof I was amazed how much nicer they were compared to the crap from home goods I had prior.
I think I will pick up a Shun after the house is done.

Curious what knives every one is using... When I got my first Wustof I was amazed how much nicer they were compared to the crap from home goods I had prior.
I think I will pick up a Shun after the house is done.

Most of mine are Henkel, 30 years old, sharpen twice per year, and even throw them in the dishwasher if I'm feeling lazy.
Best one in the drawer is the wustof santoku - easy to handle, does everything but carve. Does not go in DW.

No pics unfortunately (actually not a single pic on the day, fail) but I separated the bird before cooking and it was a success. Tied the breasts together into a (insert culinary term here) and cooked the legs/thigs together. Each piece came out as it was done, which resulted in my best turkey experience to date. This also allowed me to make a stock with the carcass which resulted in A+ gravy. Ok, I may be grading myself on a curve but the gravy was definitely good stuff.

Called an audible on this one as pulled the bird from the brine last night, glad I did so! Next time I will go with the same cooking method but try a dry brine for ease/something different.

Back
Top Bottom