Vintage bike forum??

one piece crank

Ok, not a bike but....

16749e1a-8c9e-41c9-b697-a716321c8c6362e3c5f509.jpeg

0dcc1bd6-13b5-4e7d-8c79-3ba9c15fdd5a62e3c61b8c.jpeg

chuprinko

Was just visiting my mom and found this picture of me and my brother during the 1989 Fat Tire Festival in Crested Butte, Colorado. I'm on my yellow Jamis Cross Country! Xt components. Raced it from Canaan Valley to Seven Springs and a summer in Dallas. Carried that bike for decades and sold it a few years back and regret it. So many memories. My older brother on the white Trek antelope I think. Look at that fork angle! We road/raced those over everything.

Attachments

• 20220904_142226.jpg
    20220904_142226.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 108

one piece crank

Was just visiting my mom and found this picture of me and my brother during the 1989 Fat Tire Festival in Crested Butte, Colorado. I'm on my yellow Jamis Cross Country! Xt components. Raced it from Canaan Valley to Seven Springs and a summer in Dallas. Carried that bike for decades and sold it a few years back and regret it. So many memories. My older brother on the white Trek antelope I think. Look at that fork angle! We road/raced those over everything.
I lived at Canaan Valley and the WV(VA) point series locales during the late 80's. Good times...

Karate Monkey

Oh hai,

I'm rehabbing a first-generation Future Shock (aka, Rockshox Mag). Does anyone happen to have the stanchion puller tool? I can cobble something together that will (maybe) work once, but it would be nice not to have to run around looking for weird crap in the plumbing department.

Karate Monkey

Before @Fire Lord Jim 's vintage ride, I robbed the tires from the shit bike to put on the Trek, which previously wore touring tires. Well, times change, bicycles show up in the trash, and cogs (or should I say, "sprockets") start turning.

After soaking for a couple of weeks with Kroil, the seatpost came out with minimal beating with a hammer. Likewise, the cranks. The bottom bracket was so stuck, that the aluminum mounting rings galled on the way out, necessitating a pass with the reaming/facing tool to clean everything up. A trip to @YoBikeLady 's place, and a new crank was acquired to replace the one stolen for, you guessed it, the Trek. As I ran into a stumbling block with removing the stanchions from the Future Shock (*snort*), I grabbed the fork from the Univega (handily suspension corrected for 60ishmm of travel!), and got to work last night.

The result--Klunker 2: Sinyard's Revenge

AL9nZEXkjjGx5iwYeH5y5FlZ3-uU2gpXehAbjCnD2oAZB0QVFM9oXINU8UeV_eOkBxNGAsPqVvFLKUzffC2rl6DEjr4OK0OHw1DFmIKyCoVJywMNFTh_HpzKuf4QQWe3XK8_Et0ISBtpQtb0c4uftRbRrANGkA=w1300-h976-no

As little as I want to put money into this one, the tires gotta go. Even 2.25 cruiser blocks would be better than the 1.9" grundle punchers that I picked with the frame. It took 20 or so minutes for me to realize I needed to mellow a bit with the speed and just ride within the coaster brake--and tire's--abilities.

Top Bottom