The Joy of Mountain Biking

i done gone and registered (don't expect to see me on podium tho)

reg.jpg

also going to be a wise ass and just leave this here:

Untitled-1.jpg

did i mention i suck at updating this thing? also doesn't help when the last "race" i did was a year ago 🤷‍♀️ i obviously survived the iron furnace race mentioned above and i did it in less time than the previous time i did it (but not as much as i'd like). and with that recap, here's some other short but sweet updates:

RACES: yeahhhh... i have no desire to race. if we were able to do Stewart, i would have raced if it were logistically possible... but otherwise i have no races on my radar. if i'm feeling cute and weather's nice and i feel like popping in last minute on something, i will. but i like not having that pressure.

RIDING: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i haven't been doing much riding. the women's wild cat rides started so @Stef will kick my ass into shape in no time. i felt especially blah this past winter and have had no desire to do much honestly. i'm hoping now that spring is starting to spring, i'll be out and about more. i need to get into a routine of biking, running and hiking.

TRIPS: speaking of hiking, we have our Grand Canyon trip coming up... the one where we'll be staying down at the bottom at phantom ranch for two nights... so expect lots of pictures and a recap of that when i get back. we're going down with @2Julianas and @MurderBort so hopefully they don't kill us for all this hiking. @Santapez (the lucky bastard) also just found out he won the lottery for a permit to hike the cables on half dome in september... so guess who's going to half dome for her birthday! BTW: i don't like heights so this will be interesting. we also have the annual trip to Kingdom and a trip to Richmond.

BIKES: i'm also hoping to finally purchase that mid-life crisis bike but it's still not looking great with inventory. :( looking for something in the 160, 29", aluminum, not going to bankrupt me range.

WORK: i asked for both permanent WFH and the option to move out of state. both were approved (with some caveats). i will pop into the office every so often (i actually went in recently) but i just wanted the WFH official so i'm not restricted to whatever stupid policy the company comes up with. and if you're wondering, we're looking at places in the Brevard/Asheville, NC area... but market sucks.

and with that... Happy Monday!

Last edited:
@Santapez (the lucky bastard) also just found out he won the lottery for a permit to hike the cables on half dome in september...
Me and Mrs Manic did this pre-lottery.
I was not planning on doing the cables because fuck heights, but after starting at 5:30a for an almost 10 hour round trip, you might as well get your money’s worth.

After feeling all triumphant scaling the cables, yeah a couple appears climbing up the face.
No one likes a show off.

WOW. I'm really behind in updating this.

A few (very) quick updates:
  • No races.
  • Work is still work.
  • Grand Canyon was awesome. Spoiler: it's a big hole in the ground. And obviously Mark and Alex didn't kill us... mostly because they were too tired to.
  • Heading back to Grand Canyon in 2023.
  • Cancelled the Cables on Half Dome. Sad but it wasn't going to work out this year. Next year maybe?
PXL_20220420_220103480.MP.jpg
PXL_20220421_163611700.jpg
PXL_20220420_131424709.jpg
PXL_20220420_210729865.jpg

PXL_20220420_125004131.MP.jpg

PXL_20220422_125128954.MP.jpg

ok... soooo... MOST RECENT NEWS:

We're moving! And not just moving... BUT HOLY CRAP WE'RE MOVING TO BREVARD, NC!

We bought a fucking house and everything! Beginning November 15, this will be our new home! And we made sure to have plenty of space for our bikes, possibly a little Miata (no fucking Lotus thankyouverymuch) and a guest room for (some of) you to visit!

9d9d89896f6496b62664b55de8545524-full.jpg

this is looking like it will be my favorite room:
f7eeafe8de4c7e1e63d57ccdc8f6bbe4-full.jpg

62ad0def25d6f60fe1dc3b065933221f-full.jpg

b9e01207e3898e519f21ebc8538300cd-full.jpg

OOPS... ran out of photo room... i guess you'll just have to come down and see it for yourself

WOW. I'm really behind in updating this.

A few (very) quick updates:
  • No races.
  • Work is still work.
  • Grand Canyon was awesome. Spoiler: it's a big hole in the ground. And obviously Mark and Alex didn't kill us... mostly because they were too tired to.
  • Heading back to Grand Canyon in 2023.
  • Cancelled the Cables on Half Dome. Sad but it wasn't going to work out this year. Next year maybe?

ok... soooo... MOST RECENT NEWS:

We're moving! And not just moving... BUT HOLY CRAP WE'RE MOVING TO BREVARD, NC!

We bought a fucking house and everything! Beginning November 15, this will be our new home! And we made sure to have plenty of space for our bikes, possibly a little Miata (no fucking Lotus thankyouverymuch) and a guest room for (some of) you to visit!

View attachment 198107

this is looking like it will be my favorite room:
View attachment 198108

View attachment 198110

View attachment 198111
OOPS... ran out of photo room... i guess you'll just have to come down and see it for yourself
Disappointed for the lack of y’all…

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom