Volunteer Day - Sunday November 5th - New Trail

In! I was planning a ride location on Sunday then remembered this was going on. Look forward to giving back to Stephens.

I’ll bring some hand tools unless there is a specific need for certain ones only… I’ll have an axe, soft and hard rake. I could bring a shovel too if valuable.

I assumed there was a personal connection here, nothing more.

Accurate.

For the record, I have no beef with the group ride whatsoever, and mentioned the complaint to get it out there that we have no conflict regarding parking.

I let the organizer of the other event know that parking won't be an issue. It sounds like he reached out to a bunch of people to see if there was a parking situation to make sure there wouldn't be a conflict, but nobody knew. I guess he just didn't ask the right people. He is happy to hear that this was taken into consideration and that both events can be maximally attended.

Huge turnout on an amazing fall day. Thank you to all of the amazing folks involved in this project!

More to follow after the drive home.

20231105_091302.jpg

20231105_092120.jpg

IMG_4819.jpeg

That was some serious turnout.

I’ll be back all day Monday to button this thing up.

Iggy has already suggested another trail day after the winter. Till then, let’s make an effort to ride this thing in and perhaps tune it up as you see fit.

Thanks to all who came out. I’m pretty certain this is the biggest single day turnout I’ve ever seen. 100 plus is my guess.

Love seeing the turnout for this!! It pained me not being there, so can we not plan the next one when I'm hosting a dual birthday party (actual triple... JT and my brother share Nov 5, and my niece is the 11th) at my house?? 😅

I got home around 7p last night, watched the Iggles win while barely keeping my eyes open, and pretty soon after passed out on the couch. What a day!

It was so inspiring to see the turnout and feel the stoke, whether it was people there for the trail day or just to ride a great NJ park. I was really happy to have met the folks who do the marathon ride, really good peeps! The park superintendent was on site for a good bit of the morning, and sent a wonderful note afterwards:

"It was a great day and an awesome turnout. I really enjoyed chatting with the volunteers on the trail. You guys have done a tremendous job. Thank you!

Organizing that many volunteers was a challenge, but our chapter leaders and experienced builders on site were able to split the group down into manageable sizes and get a ton of work done. It reminded me a lot of the first organized 6mr trail build, around 16 years ago. (wow I feel old) Many folks at Stephens yesterday were also at that 6mr day. :

93688706.jpg

More random pics from the day are below. This trail build is a combined effort between a lot of folks, so many of whom have come out to work during the week and before this big volunteer day. Thank you all so much. As we've mentioned before, several businesses have gone above and beyond on the build: Jason from Halters and Jesse from Marty's put in a monumental effort in the mechanized phase, as did @3MTA3 who took time away from his home business. Brain from BTS Landscaping donated two full days, with crew.

Please support these local businesses/bike shops. When you need services/parts, etc which they carry, look around at the ones who are involved with their local communities, local nonprofits, etc. and give them your business. They've earned it.

20231105_120935.jpg

20231105_113630.jpg

20231105_091302.jpg

20231105_121556.jpg

20231105_110529.jpg

20231105_104925.jpg

20231105_095817.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions