2017 XC Ski Thread

I used to xcross ski, and years ago after a winter of good snow, bought a used pair, then the next 3-4 winters had almost no snow or chance to use them so sold them. The following winter we had lots of snow. Just not consistent enough to warrant the skis.
Too many hobbies not enough time :(

You don't need a fatbike to ride in the snow. If conditions are good for FB, they are also good for 29er. When conditions are not good for FB...XC ski.
If you attempt to ride any bike in more then 6" of fresh snow it will not be fun. Yes there will be those fatbikers that go on Facebook and post there 1.5 mile ride in 8" of snow and proclaim awesomeness. Whatever makes u happy.

I need to ask for snow on here more often. Hartshone was good today nice heavy snow formed an instabase.

I'd rather ski then mtb in the snow there is more subtle technique involved, plus I can ride all year.

You don't need a fatbike to ride in the snow. If conditions are good for FB, they are also good for 29er. When conditions are not good for FB...XC ski.
If you attempt to ride any bike in more then 6" of fresh snow it will not be fun. Yes there will be those fatbikers that go on Facebook and post there 1.5 mile ride in 8" of snow and proclaim awesomeness. Whatever makes u happy.
You sir are doing something wrong if you think a 29er can go any place a fatty can....4.8's with 3-5psi goes over snow like ski's.

A helmet? Were you expecting to maybe bounce off of some trees?
Yes, light mount on helmet was convenient. Plus the downhills where safer.
Let me know how conditions are at Thompson. How much snow did they get?

Yes, light mount on helmet was convenient. Plus the downhills where safer.
Let me know how conditions are at Thompson. How much snow did they get?
I think we got 4 or 5 inches in this vicinity.

I'm not gonna get over there today, though. My schedule changed unexpectedly. :(

Back
Top Bottom