Going Long and Hard.

Jim, it looks like you're using a thumbless grip (left hand) on that barbell bench press. I know that it feels good, but I hope you're being VERY careful with that lift, especially when training by yourself (which I assume is virtually all of the time). Needless to say, if the bar slips out of your hands, you could be toast. YouTube is loaded with clips of just that happening to all kinds of trainees, and when it happens, it happens frighteningly FAST. Be careful, my friend!

When I bench heavier I'll use my thumb, but for light sets like this I don't.

It’s dark so you can’t see my sweet new donut top tube bag, but it’s there!!

6EDE244B-FCB1-49DB-AC4D-9B5C1015C292.jpeg

Due to the circumstances doesn’t seem to be anything published that’s official at least.

Google just comes up with some generic posting by someone who clearly knew nothing about him or the family. Weird.

I didn’t see anything other than a news article about the incident, which is too sad to share.

I didn’t see anything other than a news article about the incident, which is too sad to share.
also the same reason I didn’t post it and I don’t feel comfortable doing so especially since I didn’t really know him i just knew about him.

I did find this through someone else that knew him directly for folks to donate in his memory.

I was thinking about getting a new sleeping bag this year so I brought in all of my current stuff to weigh it all and see what I’d actually gain. A -20 Big Agnes bag is about 3oz lighter than than the Bolder I bought last year and a new 0 degree would be almost a pound heavier. The old Marmot Lithium is probably the lightest 850 fill bag ever made at just a smidge over 2lbs. The equivalent Big Agnes bag is only 600 fill and is a pound heavier. So, I think I’m just gonna use the same Marmot bag I’ve used this whole time. Unless I find a used Flume UL, that bag is awesome. I should’ve kept mine when I had it but I needed the -40 at the time so it went away.

Forget everything I said, I ordered a new sleeping bag 😂

I’ve been wanting a new 0 degree and Alaska is good excuse to get $1,000 gear purchase past the wife. The moment was there, I took it.

IMG_2508.jpeg

Also, I had to use a PTO day to take the younger child to the doctor so I built the new Leg Press. It took quite a while but this thing is gonna bring the gains.

2DABC291-CB9F-4EA0-8D08-F4F7D7E0F09A.png

Gym is pretty legit for the tiny space I have, and the boys are down there every day so it’s getting used…

IMG_2503.jpeg

I was sorta sick or something for a couple days. Not really sure but was just tired and drained. Anywhooo…

I got a couple 210lb bands for the Leg Press because I can’t afford to buy enough plates and cool bikes so, for $100 I get 420lbs, seems like a no brainer. I have it setup to do 800lbsx10 for 5 sets.

IMG_2536.jpeg

D8DF7C25-609B-4B60-AFEC-2220F529DEEB.png

Set up Elsa in mostly ITI mode. Not gonna swap tires or gearing until the week of.

2C010CF5-BDB2-43E6-BEBB-24319493F6BB.jpeg

D916801A-0D76-4394-A588-36E8D258BE45.jpeg

Leg day. Again.

D2AE1150-5E66-4668-8823-554987EB2AA5.png

Then screwed around with gear to confirm I have the things I need. The new bag is little so I had to order a 20l compression sack.

IMG_2603.jpeg

And the new Big Agnes Bivy is like 1/2 the size of the old one so it fits in the Revelate Panniers with tons of room for layers and snacks…

IMG_2604.jpeg

Weird week so far. Did the shop ride Wednesday which was super sloppy and slow but it’s always fun to get out with a group.

Thursday was a pretty heavy leg workout. Took Friday off to sort of recover and tidy up some gear and drop supplies for ITI, which all has to go out Monday.

This morning I got out on the new Gravel Bike to break in the first RUSA Gravel Perm in the state. Took me a couple weeks of fixing cues and wording to get it through. I submitted a 2nd now that I know what to do and will work on a few longer ones. Sort of excited that there can now be a Gravel Brevet through RUSA.

Anywho, the new bike is flawless right out of the box. I was really pissed when Dyson clipped our benefits, but it’s really a blessing in disguise because I can ride cool bikes again.

423E968B-6218-44AB-B70F-FA0DEBD3BCA7.jpeg

Weird week so far. Did the shop ride Wednesday which was super sloppy and slow but it’s always fun to get out with a group.

Thursday was a pretty heavy leg workout. Took Friday off to sort of recover and tidy up some gear and drop supplies for ITI, which all has to go out Monday.

This morning I got out on the new Gravel Bike to break in the first RUSA Gravel Perm in the state. Took me a couple weeks of fixing cues and wording to get it through. I submitted a 2nd now that I know what to do and will work on a few longer ones. Sort of excited that there can now be a Gravel Brevet through RUSA.

Anywho, the new bike is flawless right out of the box. I was really pissed when Dyson clipped our benefits, but it’s really a blessing in disguise because I can ride cool bikes again.

View attachment 232050
That really is spectacular 😍. It’s wild how much it looks like you’re running 808’s at first glance.👀

Back
Top Bottom