Middlebush Road Crossing

The road is eligible to receive federal funding, which is filtered through the NJDOT to the MPO’s, which is NJTPA, who facilitates working with the counties. So find the county rep and start process.

@w_b tons of liability associated with that cross walk, which is likely why it hasnt been done.

what would a pedestrian overpass cost? just ballpark.

IMG_4716.jpeg

I think it’s crazy there isn’t, at the very least, something like this painted on the road to give drivers a heads up/ reminder.

I mean really, how much could this cost?

If you think a pedestrian bridge is going to be expensive, I can’t imagine what a tunnel there would cost. Between excavating, closing the road, environmental studies because wetlands, & the lawyers.
It would probably flood after every heavy rainfall as well…

If you think a pedestrian bridge is going to be expensive, I can’t imagine what a tunnel there would cost. Between excavating, closing the road, environmental studies because wetlands, & the lawyers.

Boring.
😝

A tunnel is probably not feasible there.

1) It would be flooded all the time.
2) It would require massive road work, something only going to happen when the road is replaced and that recently happened.
3) There's likely existing utilities/storm-drain piping in that road.

lets see how far we can get doing it ourselves first, would be a fun project

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions