6 Mile Run Conditions

Damn on that map it looks like all of the park is open for hunting .. I mean what time is good to go when hunters aren't around ?

Damn on that map it looks like all of the park is open for hunting .. I mean what time is good to go when hunters aren't around ?

They are there all the time.

Wear bright clothes for sure and stop as little as possible.

Bow hunters rarely shoot at things that are moving fast.

I do more trail work in the fall than any other time of year and I have never been hassled or shot.

If you stay away it makes it worse for everyone actually. The more people who are out there riding the better..

Say hi to these guys when you see them and you will be fine. Keep the white gloves and brown bike jerseys at home till spring.

Road this morning and it was nice, a little muddy in some spots, but makes it fun. Some of the tights turns were a little slick. Other than that great time.
Saw a few hunter by 27 parking lot. There is a safety zone by the concrete bridge also.

Made the trip up here with the nod of approval from a friend. The trails were soft and muddy, and my 'brand new' riding buddy asked if we f'ed the trails up, and I told him yes. So, sorry to all that put the work in here, I guess I owe you one.

As for the reports that the conditions are 'ok' or 'wet in spots', I call total 'bs' and have a gut feeling those who make this claim have never done trail maintenence. The conditions were poor at best, Im sorry that I made the trip up there and appologize for my decision to ride even though I realized the trails were gonna be wet.

I still did not even wash the off my bike. (it brand new) It a MTB so I figure yeah let get muddy. Sorry Jay for not maintaing my bike.. it was awesome though. XTC-1 was the right choice for me. You were right about having the seat higher than I am use to also...

I rode tonight around 5:00 and there were muddy spots but there was also a lot of firm tackiness. White and Blue were better than red and orange. The low lying swamp areas near the concrete bridge were the worst as well as the end of blue before you cross the creek near S. Middlebush. Those are the only spots were ruts may have been left. Also, kudos to the people who took care of all the Irene carnage. I see chainsaws were busy. There are only 2 trees left that should probably go and they're both right near eachother at the end of Blue before you cross the creek near S. Middlebush

About the same conditions today. The normal muddy spots were muddy but the rest is in good shape. Saw one tree still down at the lower most spot on blue right before a small bridge. Was great to get a run in. Been raining every time I have plans to go.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions