A Wookies return.....

HBD Frank! I hope you are enjoying some BD cake right now.
No cake buuuut…..
IMG_2453.jpeg

To satisfy my narcissistic…….anyway, I went to the lab today expecting the usual so I was pretty calm…..granted I never really sleep the night before because of the fear of the unknown, so today I was even more relaxed. As soon as I was done in the blood letting room, the nurse said “follow me to 2 please”. I was confused as I did not have an appointment, so much for being relaxed. So I sit in the office, call the wife and explain that I’m going to be delayed for at least another hour. She then asked why and I told her Doc Amin wanted to see me, of course her lack of reply concerned me a little then she added “he hasn’t seen you in a while so he probably wants to check you over and talk to you without an audience. I calmed down a little. Then I hung up, and went on mtbnj and scanned some stuff, then Facebook, then Instagram, then Google, then I got up and paced all the time hearing the good Dr saying hello to yet another waiting patient.

An hour goes by and he walks in and I make immediate eye contact, he doesn’t have a poker face so I relaxed some more. He begins with “hello Frank” instead of Mr Harms which is a good start, he smiled frequently, and looked me over and said” the rash isn’t too bad. Take more of the Doxy and it should help”. He also said he was going to order a CEA report with the bloodwork….ahhh, the numbers, here we go. He said we will avoid scans for now because he feels we are doing real good, the fact that I still have a rash means the drug is still working well….according to studies anyway. So we shook hands and he slapped my arm with his other hand….Dr Amin is happy, I’ll take it. Of course that could all change tomorrow so I will take this little victory, hide in a corner, and act like Danny DeVito in Taxi with the smile that he makes when he’s successfully pulled off a scheme.

As I walk into the lab, about 72 minutes late, Kris runs up to me and asks if everything was ok. I replied that I only saw him for about 5 minutes. Her reply was that the Doc has been busy since his business partner died in March…..I’ve ALWAYS WAITED FOR AT LEAST 45 MINUTES!!! So bullshit. She then points me to a chair and sitting in the chair right next to it is Jake. I think I’ve mentioned him before, he’s the 29y/o cancer patient who has one more day of chemo scheduled to complete his first regimen. Well he was only there for labs, but didn’t want to go straight home so he sat with me for most of my treatment. Great kid!!! I did my best to make sure they completed the task before he goes back to work and not be stupid like I was. I hope that sunk in.

So tomorrow I’m headed to Stephen’s for a ride with other “old folk” and will be a little distracted. I didn’t set up this ride so hold the “NHU’s” for another time. I will update tomorrow if I have the energy. Wednesday I will go to the Clayton ride to have some fun with Matt and crew. So that’s somewhat of an update for now.

Last edited:
To satisfy my narcissistic…….anyway, I went to the lab today expecting the usual so I was pretty calm…..granted I never really sleep the night before because of the fear of the unknown, so today I was even more relaxed. As soon as I was done in the blood letting room, the nurse said “follow me to 2 please”. I was confused as I did not have an appointment, so much for being relaxed. So I sit in the office, call the wife and explain that I’m going to be delayed for at least another hour. She then asked why and I told her Doc Amin wanted to see me, of course her lack of reply concerned me a little then she added “he hasn’t seen you in a while so he probably wants to check you over and talk to you without an audience. I calmed down a little. Then I hung up, and went on mtbnj and scanned some stuff, then Facebook, then Instagram, then Google, then I got up and paced all the time hearing the good Dr saying hello to yet another waiting patient.

An hour goes by and he walks in and I make immediate eye contact, he doesn’t have a poker face so I relaxed some more. He begins with “hello Frank” instead of Mr Harms which is a good start, he smiled frequently, and looked me over and said” the rash isn’t too bad. Take more of the Doxy and it should help”. He also said he was going to order a CEA report with the bloodwork….ahhh, the numbers, here we go. He said we will avoid scans for now because he feels we are doing real good, the fact that I still have a rash means the drug is still working well….according to studies anyway. So we shook hands and he slapped my arm with his other hand….Dr Amin is happy, I’ll take it. Of course that could all change tomorrow so I will take this little victory, hide in a corner, and act like Danny DeVito in Taxi with the smile that he makes when he’s successfully pulled off a scheme.

As I walk into the lab, about 72 minutes late, Kris runs up to me and asks if everything was ok. I replied that I only saw him for about 5 minutes. Her reply was that the Doc has been busy since his business partner died in March…..I’ve ALWAYS WAITED FOR AT LEAST 45 MINUTES!!! So bullshit. She then points me to a chair and sitting in the chair right next to it is Jake. I think I’ve mentioned him before, he’s the 29y/o cancer patient who has one more day of chemo scheduled to complete his first regimen. Well he was only there for labs, but didn’t want to go straight home so he sat with me for most of my treatment. Great kid!!! I did my best to make sure they completed the task before he goes back to work and not be stupid like I was. I hope that sunk in.

So tomorrow I’m headed to Stephen’s for a ride with other “old folk” and will be a little distracted. I didn’t set up this ride so hold the “NHU’s” for another time. I will update tomorrow if I have the energy. Wednesday I will go to the Clayton ride to have some fun Matt and crew. So that’s somewhat of an update for now.
I got a HU!

I like how the NHU caught on...;*)

Labs update. Sadly my numbers went up from 429 to 543, not drastic or anything to panic about….yet. But it just goes to show that life’s rollercoaster keeps ya guessing.
Yes… but it’s been a little bit since they were last run; and given that, maybe all that’s needed is a tiny tweak to the diet. 🤞

Labs update. Sadly my numbers went up from 429 to 543, not drastic or anything to panic about….yet. But it just goes to show that life’s rollercoaster keeps ya guessing.
Well, those numbers are a rollercoaster indeed. Did they ever mention how accurate they are on a repeat test I wonder…glad to hear you keep going and having a good time riding. Right on!

P.S. NHU HU WTF?

I started this thread to post rides and all my other drama and it got to the point that I only posted drama…..I’m going to change that. Over the last 7 or so months I’ve added over 850 miles to the Moterra and my health has improved significantly. This brings me back to, once again, to thank @jdog for the bike….you're saving my life!!

Today I had a really nice ride with someone I’ve known of for a very long time, who is a member of this forum, and finally got to ride with. @knobbyhead and I had a nice cruise through the Bloomfield called Allaire. It’s beautiful out there right now, go and get some.

IMG_2549.jpeg
IMG_2548.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg

I started this thread to post rides and all my other drama and it got to the point that I only posted drama…..I’m going to change that. Over the last 7 or so months I’ve added over 850 miles to the Moterra and my health has improved significantly. This brings me back to, once again, to thank @jdog for the bike….you're saving my life!!

Today I had a really nice ride with someone I’ve known of for a very long time, who is a member of this forum, and finally got to ride with. @knobbyhead and I had a nice cruise through the Bloomfield called Allaire. It’s beautiful out there right now, go and get some.

View attachment 239777View attachment 239778View attachment 239779
It was a great ride @Frank !!
As a tour guide i give him 5 stars !!!

Tonight I rode with the EPS crew at Clayton for their Wednesday social ride. Fun group and a fun park as well. What was really cool was I hit 900 miles on the Cannondale since I got it at the end of October…..pretty good for a sick man!! I will continue saying this bike has really helped me with my health and am eternally grateful to @jdog !
IMG_2556.jpeg
IMG_2555.jpeg

When you first showed me I thought it was a glitch and your display said tonight's ride was 900miles 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom