Anyone up for a ride during the weekdays?

Kilbo

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone was available during weekdays to ride the park, My job allows me days off during the week to ride. I work every other weekend and I'm usually staying down the shore with the family the weekends that I am off so during the week is the best time for me to ride. I rode these trails as a teenager but it's been a long time so if someone can "show" me around some of the better trails. I'm new to the mountain biking scene so someone with patience for a noobie will help.:D I'm not bad on a bike since I rode a lot of bmx bikes when I was younger. ( A lot younger :rofl: ) I just need to refine my skills again and get into better shape. I'm gonna try to get out there on Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if anyone is interested in those days or anytime in the future.

Brian

Last edited:
Might be interested in a monday ride somewhere down the line here as well. Rode Ceres for the first time today, and am sure that i had missed quite a bit. Despite normally having a fairly decent sense of direction i found myself looping around on the same section of trail a few times. My only problem is it is a bit more of a production for me to ride anything out that way as it is a bit of a hike. I'm off saturdays and mondays, but even then normally stick a bit closer to home. Definitely worth an occasional trip out though. I also want to hit GCC at some point too. Scouted where both are while working out that way already.

Moray42 let me know when you'll be down this way. I'll be out there this Monday morning when I drag my butt out of bed. If you only rode the loop near Rt.55 bridge then you did miss a lot of the trails. I'm no expert on all the trails but I know how big those woods are since I grew up in the area and road them on motorcycles when I was a kid.

Brian

Don't think i'll be able to make this monday, but i'll let you know when i am headed out that way. Hopefully it will be sometime in the not too distant future. What are of the shore do you head to. A couple of places may not be too far off from where you're headed. I hit Estelle Manor fairly often and would be willing to meet up if the timing was right. It's about 30 min or so outside of the AC and OC area (not positive on how you'd get there from OC though as i haven't taken that path).

I have a shore house on Rt 9 in Cape May so that would be a pretty long ride for me unless I hit it on the way down or the way home. I wouldn't mind checking Estelle out sometime though. I'm always up trying out new areas. I work every other Monday also so just let me know when you'll be down and we'll try to hook up.

Brian

Tuesday beginner group ride

There's a beginner paced ride that leaves the Caffeinated Cyclist bike shop on Tuesdays at 6pm. If you haven’t been in the park for a while, this is a great opportunity to get a full tour.
Here’s directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Caffeinated+Cyclist,+23+S.+Broadway+Ave.,+Pitman,+NJ+08071&aq=1&sll=34.032714,-118.29958&sspn=0.013532,0.028496&ie=UTF8&hq=Caffeinated+Cyclist,+23+S.+Broadway+Ave.,&hnear=Pitman,+Gloucester,+New+Jersey&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

Don't think i'll be able to make this monday, but i'll let you know when i am headed out that way. Hopefully it will be sometime in the not too distant future. What are of the shore do you head to. A couple of places may not be too far off from where you're headed. I hit Estelle Manor fairly often and would be willing to meet up if the timing was right. It's about 30 min or so outside of the AC and OC area (not positive on how you'd get there from OC though as i haven't taken that path).

To get to Estell Manor from OC take the 34th street bridge and keep going straight until you hit route 50. Bear right at 50 and follow that to the park. I'm guessing it's about 10 to 12 miles from OC. Keep in mind that the good trail is one mile past the main park entrance. Turn right on to the dirt road, then make your first left to the parking lot.

Thanks for that. Normally i come in from the north, so i catch 50 in Mays Landing and head in that way. Have to keep a close eye for the North End entrance as there is just a small brown sign on the left to mark the access road. Despite going out there as often as i do i still occasionally flake and miss the entrance. This time of year the tree growth on the side of the road tends to obscure the sign until you're right on top of it.

Well I'm gonna be off the trails for awhile. When I bought my bike from the previous owner I noticed the crank scarred up like he wrenched down on the pedal. Well I started getting noise from the pedal while riding today. Looked at the pedal and it was moving in the crank. ( wobble ) I pulled it off and half the treads are stripped on the crank. I probably won't be able to get it fixed for at least a week or two. So now I'm stuck with my Fuji Monterey just cruising around the neighborhood. It's ok thou at least I'm still riding until I can hit the trails again.

North End

When you are going down rt. 50 out of Mays Landing there is a big box up on the tel pole were you drive in at, then make the first left.

Got Phils tix 4 tomorrow nite, so wont be there. Probably going to Wiss Wednesday morning I'd you wanna come

I can do weekdays. I'm usually off a few weekdays every week.

Hey Mike I got your PM. My bike is in the shop right now so I'm stuck riding my hybrid for now. I should be good to go for Tuesday next week if your available. I'm coming off a nightshift Sunday night so Monday may be possible later in the day also but I may ride a little slower from the lack of sleep.:D

Brian

Anybody riding tonite/evening..I'm gonna head out with a friend of mine..only rode there twice so far so not that familiar with it yet..not sure on what time wheels down yet either..depends on what time me and friend get done work.

Anybody riding tonite/evening..I'm gonna head out with a friend of mine..only rode there twice so far so not that familiar with it yet..not sure on what time wheels down yet either..depends on what time me and friend get done work.

rode tonite, saw only one guy with no helmet on a white Trek 4500. Got in a 6+ mile ride, won't call it a loop since I usually get lost unless I'm following someone and tonite was a solo ride. Can't wait for the bridges to be rebuilt.

I got there around 6:30ish..just wanted to do a test run on the new bike,probily only did like two miles..I've been without one for like four months..last one was stolen

What did you get? I actually rode Ceres then hit CCC on the way home just over 12 miles total.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions