Belleplain SF Conditions

pibbles

This past Friday, Jim (everyone in sNJ knows Jim, aka: Chuck Norris) organized a team of JORBA and SJ Wheelmen volunteers to clear and brush back the third loop of BSF's Pink MTB Trail. Go ride it! :cool:

View attachment 200621
Uh, yeah. Rode belleplain yesterday and removed 5 trees. Showed up today to remove the others but ran out of time so only got 3 more out. Think 2 are left. Infinitely more rideable now than previously reported!

teabagger11

I'll be riding belleplain tomorrow morning if anyone is interested I'm thinking around 9 am from 347 lot lmk

Mark S

Does this count as riding? At times I thought I was going in reverse.

Attachments

• 622D252A-9257-46FD-AA59-C96D48FBFB52.png
    622D252A-9257-46FD-AA59-C96D48FBFB52.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 98

tankhead

I rode there today. Similar mileage on my fat bike at 10.33. Averaged 6.44 mph with zone 2 heart rate average of 119. 1:36:21 moving time. Listened to audiobook. It’s always a slow going day there which is perfect for zone 2. The trails were in great shape.
Nice running into teabagger today.

Cole

I rode there today. Similar mileage on my fat bike at 10.33. Averaged 6.44 mph with zone 2 heart rate average of 119. 1:36:21 moving time. Listened to audiobook. It’s always a slow going day there which is perfect for zone 2. The trails were in great shape.
Off topic.What audio book? I listen to 3 or 4 a month so always looking for something...

Mark S

I feel better now at 5.5mph. I thought I was in Back to the Future going in reverse. I felt good not kissing to many trees.

Mark S

Rode there today, perfect conditions, no mud or water. I don’t know GPX but Singletracks website has an accurate description and location. The trailhead is plainly marked just above the lake picnic area parking lot, on the left side of the road.

tankhead

Mark, did you lose a pair of glasses Saturday and then find them yesterday? I went out there yesterday @ about 3:30 and the glasses were gone. I was glad someone found them. Did loop 3 and 2. I park outside of the park on the north side of loop 3. Cedar bridge road and Meisle road. No water or mud anywhere. As usual, just a slow loamy trail. But in the winter it serves me well. The forest serves to block the cold wind.

Last edited:

teabagger11

Yes conditions are mint right now but I don't recommend skinny tires(2.1) I was sliding all over the place on the leaves and pine needles

Mark S

Mark, did you lose a pair of glasses Saturday and then find them yesterday? I went out there yesterday @ about 3:30 and the glasses were gone. I was glad someone found them. Did loop 3 and 2. I park outside of the park on the north side of loop 3. Cedar bridge road and Meisle road. No water or mud anywhere. As usual, just a slow loamy trail. But in the winter it serves me well. The forest serves to block the cold wind.
The glasses did not belong to me.

pibbles

Uh, yeah. Rode belleplain yesterday and removed 5 trees. Showed up today to remove the others but ran out of time so only got 3 more out. Think 2 are left. Infinitely more rideable now than previously reported!
So. Some a-hole cut out all the trees and laurel bushes out of Allens alley. For those that are unaware. This part of the park is kinda hard to clear without dabbing. Many people find it challenging and have a good time trying to improve their skills. Lately many trees are spray painted and many features are being dummed down. Some people are only happy with straight lines and no turns. Everyone woth a saw is an expert apparently. D********s.

johnbryanpeters

So. Some a-hole cut out all the trees and laurel bushes out of Allens alley. For those that are unaware. This part of the park is kinda hard to clear without dabbing. Many people find it challenging and have a good time trying to improve their skills. Lately many trees are spray painted and many features are being dummed down. Some people are only happy with straight lines and no turns. Everyone woth a saw is an expert apparently. D********s.
strava...

Mark S

As much as I don't like that section it sucks when people change the original intent of the trail
Today was the first time I’ve ever made it through there without enjoying hitting a tree. I’ve always felt that the best part of that section was the challenge of fighting around the trees and laughing at my lack of skills. Now the fun is being taken away.

tankhead

Gravel riders??. At many of the corners there are mounds of leaf and pine needles which indicates locking up the rear wheel before the turn. I don’t have a gravel grinder anymore but I do remember doing that a few times back in the day and laughing how easily it would make piles of pine needles. Never really happened on the mountain bike. Now I have a fat bike so that never happens.. lol

I rode there yesterday looking for the damage. I think it is actually still pretty tight just not so tight that my bars don’t fit. lol. Not for nothing but they could have at least cut them flush with the ground. Now there are 2 inch high stumps sticking up everywhere.

Also, I wonder maybe if a maintenance crew of the park did it. It looked like yellow tape was on attached to some branches in that area. Sort of like they were planning on coming back and cutting more out?

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions