Best Mid-Level Do-Everything Bike...?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I have a friend getting into MTBing. He needs an everyday trail bike that will also survive an occasional visit to the bike park (green and blue flow trails). Budget is $3500. He wants new.

I'm thinking Canyon Spectral 7 but would like more ideas. Thanks.

He's just getting into mtb and already going to the bike park? Sounds like he should rent.

He's just getting into mtb and already going to the bike park? Sounds like he should rent.
He's riding a 20 year old bike. Looking for a modern machine that can handle various terrain. New school riders are jumping right into park riding. It's because bikes are more capable.
:thumbsup:

I bought the canyon neuron cf7 has been good for everything I have ridden in NJ no good for park though. Some people think the geo is too upright but I tested that and the spectral and liked it better for 90pct of the trails around here. I think I’d want to rent a dh bike for park even if I had the spectral. Price is right in that ballpark with the gx drivetrain and pike up front.

Size?
I (may) have a lightly used well kept in either small or large. Small has less then 50 miles
Large has more in the 300 range. I will have a better idea in couple weeks if I'm getting separated.
He’s an XL but thanks for putting it out there. Good luck.

Size?
I (may) have a lightly used well kept in either small or large. Small has less then 50 miles
Large has more in the 300 range. I will have a better idea in couple weeks if I'm getting separated.
Hey wait a second thought I had dibs on that LOL

Back
Top Bottom