Best place to buy a fat bike

jaejsvv

advice on best shops to buy a fat bike. I have looked online, don't think that is the way to go. I have a visited a few shops, most don't carry many fat bikes. And I learned that Efingers in Bound Brook will be having a 15-20% off sale this weekend. That sounds like it could be worth checking out. Thanks.

jdogShop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

I have 2 21" and one 19" mukluk left from 2014.

These had recalled alloy forks. Salsa ran out of alloy forks and replaced them with Makwa carbon forks. ($500)

These are on sale for $1499

I think it is a pretty nice offering.
Last edited: Today at 11:42 AM

Always worth a drive to see the folks at Brielle Cyclery who will have demo's available at Allaire State Park tomorrow from 8am to 1pm. I have bought my last three from them.

most bike shops would have these on hand, i dont think you need to go to a specific fat bike shop

Come to allaire tomorrow.
^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always worth a drive to see the folks at Brielle Cyclery who will have demo's available at Allaire State Park tomorrow from 8am to 1pm. I have bought my last three from them.

Just bought my Farley from their sister store in Middletown. Excellent shop! They carry Pugs and Salsa as well. Might be less of a ride than Brielle?

Bike shops only sell you shit you don't need. $349.99 for this sick Darth Vader Edition Huffy.

this sweet huffy was at target. other than the handlebars being in some strange orientation,
I couldn't pick it up - thought it was locked down, but it wasn't.

IMG_3814.JPG

visit one of the shops - Halters or Hilltop or High Gear or Bike-n-Gear or.........

Bike shops only sell you shit you don't need. $349.99 for this sick Darth Vader Edition Huffy.
It'll be fine. Don't hate bro.

Were you too busy joking around to miss the opportunity for a sale or does your shop not carry fat bikes? OP is a brand new member with 2 posts, both in this thread.

....Or Jae, you can feel free to actually stop in Efingers and see us....we would be happy to help you find a bike....We actually have size runs of current model, 2016 models that we can hook you up with at a great deal....

This was done right.

W
advice on best shops to buy a fat bike. I have looked online, don't think that is the way to go. I have a visited a few shops, most don't carry many fat bikes. And I learned that Efingers in Bound Brook will be having a 15-20% off sale this weekend. That sounds like it could be worth checking out. Thanks.
what kind of riding are you planning to do and your price point? Lots of choices, but you got a good start visit shops till you find the one that calls out to you. Shops locally appear to be able to stock up this year vs last. My suggestion is to buy the lightest setup you can afford. Though you'll find out quickly that fat bikes have a considerable cost penalty when looking for weight

Huffy has staying power. brand has been around forever.

this sweet huffy was at target. other than the handlebars being in some strange orientation,
I couldn't pick it up - thought it was locked down, but it wasn't.

View attachment 28552

visit one of the shops - Halters or Hilltop or High Gear or Bike-n-Gear or.........

But unfortunately, sounds like they are the Deathstar edition - at least weight-wise. Not worth any money.

Bike shops probably cringe when someone walks in the door with a bike from Walmart or Target.

Back
Top Bottom