Best place to buy a fat bike

W

what kind of riding are you planning to do and your price point? Lots of choices, but you got a good start visit shops till you find the one that calls out to you. Shops locally appear to be able to stock up this year vs last. My suggestion is to buy the lightest setup you can afford. Though you'll find out quickly that fat bikes have a considerable cost penalty when looking for weight
Not sure if it is the current condition of the trails around here or my increasing age, but my rigid 26" Rocky Mt just seems to hurt more than it used to. So, I am really looking for a bike to keep me riding at places like Chimney Rock, Sourlands, Ringwood without getting too beat up. I also like the idea of extending my riding through the winter. Havent done much snow riding, but definitely would like to try it. In the past I have bought higher end bikes, though not ridiculous, so I want something good, but hoping to keep it around 1500 or lower. I guess that is why the online stuff appeals to me but I don't know anything about these brands. Thanks.

Bike shops only sell you shit you don't need. $349.99 for this sick Darth Vader Edition Huffy.
Do you sell these at your shop? Thanks.

We sell the Giant Momentum. Same kinda thing. No cool Darth Vader though sadly.

1500.00 buys you a brand new specialized Fatboy se
From the bike shop with a warranty and tech support.
In your proper size and choice of color

Or you can buy mine and make me happy as well

1500.00 buys you a brand new specialized Fatboy se
From the bike shop with a warranty and tech support.
In your proper size and choice of color

Or you can buy mine and make me happy as well
What are you selling?

Not sure if it is the current condition of the trails around here or my increasing age, but my rigid 26" Rocky Mt just seems to hurt more than it used to. So, I am really looking for a bike to keep me riding at places like Chimney Rock, Sourlands, Ringwood without getting too beat up. I also like the idea of extending my riding through the winter. Havent done much snow riding, but definitely would like to try it. In the past I have bought higher end bikes, though not ridiculous, so I want something good, but hoping to keep it around 1500 or lower. I guess that is why the online stuff appeals to me but I don't know anything about these brands. Thanks.

If you want to get less beat up at these places, I would suggest a bike with a bluto.

What are you selling?

I assume "his" Fatboy. (He wants to upgrade to a fancier Fatbike.). Oh, and @domo rides his at Ringwood all the time, so you know the bike is at home there.

1500 is a reasonable budget. You can also get a new bike with modest but reliable components from a shop. The LBS bike gets you a warranty, a proper fitting and an excellent source of firsthand experience riding a version of that bike.

Being in your 40's, no matter which way you go, it's gonna beat shaking the crap out if yourself riding a rigid 26er over rocks.

2c.

Yep. No skills here. Lol

But seriously like I said take that 1500 budget to your LBS and get riding.

Y
Yep. No skills here. Lol

But seriously like I said take that 1500 budget to your LBS and get riding.
yeah, I need to do that. Suffering a bit from analysis paralysis. Thanks to everyone for the input and advice.

Not sure your size, but the Trek Store in Middletown has a few Pugs that are small on close out for a couple hundred under your budget. My Trek Farley 5 was only a hundred over your budget in that store. I'm really happy with it. There are lighter... Aluminum fork... 2X. But I am LOVING this bike!

Not sure your size, but the Trek Store in Middletown has a few Pugs that are small on close out for a couple hundred under your budget. My Trek Farley 5 was only a hundred over your budget in that store. I'm really happy with it. There are lighter... Aluminum fork... 2X. But I am LOVING this bike!
Dang. That sounds interesting. I am a large though.

Dang. That sounds interesting. I am a large though.

Me too... I'd be on one right now if I wasn't... I wound up on the Farley 5 and I don't feel like I made great compromises. I love the bike. It's a little heavy. But I could 1X the crank and get a carbon fork eventually. I did some crazy climbing Saturday and then pancake flat 7 miles on the beach on Sunday. SUCH different rides! And I loved both of them and having the ability to do that. I got "pulled over" at the start of my beach ride, and it happens often, as was mentioned in another post, because people want to ask questions about the fatty... Good thing? Bad thing? I'm cool with it. I don't have my Garmin on the fatty even. I just love riding it and it recharges my data driven road work. and the Saturday climbing was like bat sh*t crazy intervals but in real life doing well over 20 degree sections of trail (short sections but Sandy). That's some damn work. Great riding...

That's awesome. I found cyclocross and fixed gear recently, it's always fun to add some new stuff. Now I can't wait to get a new fresh perspective on mountain biking. What size tires do you ride on the Farley?

Sussex bike has the Farley on the floor and told me they can order Surly! It's exciting because I want a krampus when I get away from the Farly.

Back
Top Bottom