Bring your Pizza skillz

Since coming upon a recipe/method that is working for me, I'm spending more time playing with toppings. Here's pancetta, fried for a few minutes, add shallots, fry a couple of minutes, add brussels sprouts and long hots, fry a couple more minutes. Added a cup of red wine/Tbsp of sugar and let it stew for 5 more minutes.

PXL_20210118_013533538.jpg

I've also been using Frank's with cinnamon and a tablespoon of sugar whisked in. Makes it taste just like the Atomic Bbq sauce from Cluck-U.

This came through the admin email address today.
apparently the premier home made pizza site of the "rock garden/pizza stone state" ?
clicking not recommended. i removed the links - they had spelling errors that made it very suspicious.

-------------------------------------------

mtbNJ.com

The following message has been sent from Emelia Bouie ... (IP: xxxxxxxx) via the contact form at mtbNJ.com.
My Thoughts
Hey There!

I'm reaching out to you from ..... Our team operates an extremely popular pizza site. We've had a few of our visitors mention your site recently, so I took a look and I'm happy to say that I was really impressed!

I'm interested in a possible article exchange between both of our sites as I am sure it will strongly benefit our sites in terms traffic.

Here is an example of the kind of search optimized articles that we write for our partners:

Just so we're clear, we do this for free, in order to build relationships and to help our friends in the pizza making community.

If you don't want to write an article featuring your site on our blog, that's no problem...we can offer you a link to your site on one of our current articles....and we will still be happy to write an excellent article for your site!

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks so much!
Emelia

P.S. Not sure if you would be interested, but we can provide article writing services for your site as well. Space for this service is extremely limited though, so please let me know if you would like to discuss...

There is an alarming lack of activity here lately.

Here are two recents:

PXL_20210227_002445096.jpg
Fried cutlet, jalapeños, muenster, barbecue sauce.

PXL_20210224_022506537.jpg
Broccoli rabe, mushrooms, and *horror* fig "salami".

The last bit needs explaining--shopping with the missus, she saw a salami made with fig/pistachio. I thought it sounded weird, but I'm down to ride, so we got it, and I remembered it when I made the broccoli rabe (and had no sausage). Whelp, took it out and immediately noticed that something was off about the salami, namely that it wasn't. It looked an awful lot like ground fig pressed into a log, and that's because it was.

Okay, that said, it worked out pretty well with the broccoli rabe, since it was sweet to the other's bitter.

Pull up a stool and have a slice:

PXL_20210313_235502495.jpg
PXL_20210319_012933728.jpg

Made these a week ago, so I don't really remember what it was, but I'm guessing: steak/peppers, and mushroom/pepper/pepperoni.

PXL_20210319_012518300.jpg

Mushroom/buffalo cauliflower.

PXL_20210321_231735392.jpg
PXL_20210321_231730756.jpg

"Cheeseburger" with jalapeños, pickles, ketchup/mustard. Procedural change for these: cooked in a heavily oiled pan/brushed crust with oil for 3 minutes, pulled from the oven and topped them, then back in for ~15 more minutes.

There's a little bit more life left here:

AM-JKLWkzgMDn0vwgVOkhBaueDFmWC-aiv723AiR-q2q-Urm8NdqHYVQq2gvaaLIJJxweC1ApOMWICr97P5fAeCj4gPlcjxX4bESR6Wb-gxHcBVPqhLyGOM4XSp3-L86rxlNwAv2KwP41xjJj9QWOEM3zOsx=w1300-h976-no

AM-JKLXD0xZcsPnJRG1d6jwSVkfbJ6N56DyUyhKVpk-3jF1SmdcaJw418sOduc95DQVCdcTUZKmSUSWJcZaj3xsp0U8hQ9YyQImTkJuaPvfYpEs6Kl56IJXmqmwAmiJwnFhRvfidGHtopddXmgQuMdIbFjvP=w1300-h976-no

Chicken+bruschetta with a few splashes of hot sauce; dry sopressata, onions, peppers, herbs, dregs of the bruschetta. Divided my usual dough recipe by 2 instead of 3, yielded some nice substantial pizzas.

There's a little bit more life left here:

AM-JKLWkzgMDn0vwgVOkhBaueDFmWC-aiv723AiR-q2q-Urm8NdqHYVQq2gvaaLIJJxweC1ApOMWICr97P5fAeCj4gPlcjxX4bESR6Wb-gxHcBVPqhLyGOM4XSp3-L86rxlNwAv2KwP41xjJj9QWOEM3zOsx=w1300-h976-no

AM-JKLXD0xZcsPnJRG1d6jwSVkfbJ6N56DyUyhKVpk-3jF1SmdcaJw418sOduc95DQVCdcTUZKmSUSWJcZaj3xsp0U8hQ9YyQImTkJuaPvfYpEs6Kl56IJXmqmwAmiJwnFhRvfidGHtopddXmgQuMdIbFjvP=w1300-h976-no

Chicken+bruschetta with a few splashes of hot sauce; dry sopressata, onions, peppers, herbs, dregs of the bruschetta. Divided my usual dough recipe by 2 instead of 3, yielded some nice substantial pizzas.
Too lazy to search. Can you share your recipe?

Too lazy to search. Can you share your recipe?
Tipo 00 (half of the little bag...something like 3 cups. Maybe a little more.)
62.5% water (~1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups)
5% olive oil (1 Tablespoon, plus more for 'greased' bowl/ball stage)
3% salt (roughly 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, little less (1-1/2) if you use table salt)
2% wheat gluten (<---magic ingredient. Stretches for days. I've increased mine a bit, roughly equivalent to a heaping tablespoon.)
2 teaspoons of yeast (Less for a slower rise)

The recipe above rises in 1 hour, to be divided/proofed for another hour. A longer rise can be achieved with less yeast. Add sugar to cheat the golden crust if you can't get your oven hot enough.

Few weeks ago I was at a Rutgers tailgate and my buddy had his OONI pizza oven. This thing was amazing. Got up to 900* in just a few moments. It folds up and is the perfect tailgate/backyard accessory. I will own one of these soon. Homemade dough and sauce put it over the top. The setup was the jewel of that row of cars as everyone stopped and asked about it. Lets go RU!

IMG_5452.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom