Car-spotting thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Turo'd an X3 for the weekend in the Berkshires. 4 cylinder, zero options, 95,000 miles. It's very adequate but not the enthusiast's car like the 6 cylinder is, that's for sure. Comfy, quiet, and still solid, but I can feel some play in the front end due to the mileage.

20230602_120015.jpg88240.jpeg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s crazy money to me for sure but I think they’ll sell them quick. I didn’t know you could get a Cobra from them for 100-150k, last thought they were 500,000 and half went to charity. Poked around on their site, they want you to contact them for pricing. Those cars were without engine/ transmission and could be had in fiberglass or hand formed aluminum. The replica is the hand formed aluminum and a complete car. Still bonkers on the price. Quick search found the last continuation Cobra sold went for $425,000 and was a complete 427 aluminum bodied csx4000 series with 1 mile.
Those were the ones Shelby claimed to "find" old chassis and parts to build with in the 90s.... Then they started making the csx6000 series cars.... I mean here's one with 26 miles on it that went to 90k on BAT
Fiberglass/carbon fiber body car....

They are really awesome and I'm sure they are much better than the originals, but they are not all that valuable.... I love when people call them REAL cobras, it's laughable.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought this was funny because unlike a mall crawler Jeep this this actually has been upside down at one point. Sticker on the back is for realz and took me a bit to notice all the roof damage. Guess roof rails aren't meant for the weight of a vehicle.

2023-06-04 19.25.28.jpg

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
@Patrick no sad faces here. The increase in cornering speed more than makes up for the top speed loss. https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=17086&mid=
That’s the 2016’s track records. The 2010 had a bunch too and held the Ring record for its class for years. Yes I’m biased, but the acr is still pretty impressive, and is not the straight line car it’s often mistaken for.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

rick81721

Lothar
@Patrick no sad faces here. The increase in cornering speed more than makes up for the top speed loss. https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=17086&mid=
That’s the 2016’s track records. The 2010 had a bunch too and held the Ring record for its class for years. Yes I’m biased, but the acr is still pretty impressive, and is not the straight line car it’s often mistaken for.

That's true of any track-focused variant. A Porsche GT3RS has a lower top speed than a GT3.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Gotta get some more drives in with the GT350. Another 12 days, we head back to NJ and she goes into hibernation for 6 months. Today's cruise, saw my first (or at least noticed) F150 Lightning. Strange seeing a big F150 with no exhaust pipes and making no noise. Not crazy about the front - maybe it's better at night.

View attachment 215138

View attachment 215139
I thought you shipped it home for the summer.

Top Bottom