Ceres Clean Up Day - March 20th

Keroberos

ceres.jpg

Good to see. What a great place. Volunteers need to bring anything? ...trashbags? ...etc.?

heres some updates from facebook:

Three weeks until spring cleanup day on March 20th. Next time you are back in Ceres, take note of all the orange flags that mark the trash areas. Some are easy to locate by the parking lot area. Some are more difficult to reach by the stream and lakes. How deep are you willing to go?

Two weeks until spring cleanup day on March 20th. Everyone should bring gloves, hiking boots & water. Clippers will help get the trash entangled in thorns. Bring an old BBQ brush to scrape spray paint off of trees. Can anyone else besides Tom get in the stream? There’s 4 dam points that are littered with old lumber & tires. Bring your muscles!

If you live in the area and frequent this park, you should get out for this. These guys have been working with land managers to become a legitimate crew and improve Ceres Park for all users. Be part of the solution !!

If you live in the area and frequent this park, you should get out for this. These guys have been working with land managers to become a legitimate crew and improve Ceres Park for all users. Be part of the solution !!

looking forward to sunday, hoping we get a good turnout

Clean up day seemed like a big success. Over 60 people showed up. Can't believe some of the stuff we pulled out of the creek, including a bike

Must of missed you, i was part of the stream cleaning up.

Got there at 1130, rode down on my Top Fuel. I was wearing a red Fox jersey and camo shorts. Helped the hip waiter guys move some tires. The stuff I was pulling out was under the overpass around 1 pm. Then headed back up to the front lot around 3 and cut back some of the brush.

Got there at 1130, rode down on my Top Fuel. I was wearing a red Fox jersey and camo shorts. Helped the hip waiter guys move some tires. The stuff I was pulling out was under the overpass around 1 pm. Then headed back up to the front lot around 3 and cut back some of the brush.

haha you're the guy in the top fuel? i was one of the hip wader guys

here's some pics

Attachments

• ceres7.jpg
    ceres7.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 261
  • ceres6.jpg
    ceres6.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 257
  • ceres5.jpg
    ceres5.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 255
Hey Mike, I was the other guy with the Trek 5.5. It was a great turn-out for a "first" clean up day.

Hat's off to Rob for coordinating and getting this whole thing set up!!!

Looking forward to volunteering again if needed!

congrats to all that helped...i didnt make it back till later in the day an u could easly tell how much was done..good job to all

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions