Chimney Rock Conditions

rlb

Edit: got my east and west confused. Good thing I don't make maps for a living.

Of what I rode, 85% is in good shape. As noted above, there are a bunch of scattered atypical wet spots. And the typical wet spots are still larger than usual. I would ride this loop again, with the exception of the eastern yellow downhill. The middle downhill has a big wet section just above the 4-way, but is otherwise good. The double-track section of pink was also a mess that I should have avoided. I was surprised that the area behind the ballfields (sans the trail off Gilbride where I turned around) was in good shape. Based on what I saw, I did not bother with red or blue.

I'll let the bike pic tell the rest of the story.

PXL_20240313_163930238.jpg

Last edited:

rlb

Nice warm day today. Hopefully it has some positive impact by this evening

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the precipitation holds off for tomorrow. Every time I look at the weather it shows something a little different for tomorrow or tomorrow night, it was never a lot of rain but, now it's showing nothing.

rlb

Things are slightly improved since my report from Wednesday, but there are still some scattered extra wet areas. The worse ones I saw were at the very top of red, and the main vein on yellow right above the 4-way. Based on the condition there I would avoid the luge trail on yellow, it's likely still a mess. I didn't bother with blue.

There are 3 trees down on green, two pretty close together. One of the pair can be done with a hand saw but the other two probably need some power.

Screenshot_20240317-093344.png

caferacer

Things are slightly improved since my report from Wednesday, but there are still some scattered extra wet areas. The worse ones I saw were at the very top of red, and the main vein on yellow right above the 4-way. Based on the condition there I would avoid the luge trail on yellow, it's likely still a mess. I didn't bother with blue.

There are 3 trees down on green, two pretty close together. One of the pair can be done with a hand saw but the other two probably need some power.

View attachment 234397

Thanks for the info. Cleared.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions