Clayton Trail Maintenance

Not to get off topic,but does anyone know what there building right across Doctors Creek @ the bottom of Toboggan run??
That's probable a house demo. It looks like the park bought that property and are a taking house down. This area will not see any development/trail as its wetlands and was purchased as a buffer and to protect this area from development.

That's probable a house demo. It looks like the park bought that property and are a taking house down. This area will not see any development/trail as its wetlands and was purchased as a buffer and to protect this area from development.
1692969023505.png

Got it!

Some solid work yesterday morning! I hope this mud hole is a thing of distant memory soon. The trail couldn't have went through a lower spot without actual going through a swamp 🤦, and other than the wetlands the other three sides are higher elevation (hence all the water/mud).

We built some drainage nicks on the trail sections leading down to this, moved the tread over a bit to slightly higher elevation and built it up to match the grade of the adjacent slope, dug in to create more out slope to prevent water capture, then did some landscaping and planted some ferns that will likely be very happy in their new home.

Initial impressions from trail users are already 👌

PXL_20230901_155826028~2.jpg
PXL_20230901_142831173~2.jpg
PXL_20230901_160146447~2.jpg
PXL_20230901_153135270~2.jpg

I can be there until 1115 if that’s cool
Absolutely, happy to have you as long (or short) as you're able to stay. We're not going very far in, but you can plan to ride in/out to save time. I might bring my tool trailer to tow in as well.

We'll be out there again this Friday, 9am. Looks like a nice cold morning for some digging!! Bring some coffee and gloves 😁

Continuing the work on Bridges trail. If you get there after 9am you can find us by heading straight in from the lot and making right turns.

ClaytonPark1~3.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions