Critique my bike storage

and whatever this garbage is....put it somewhere else...if its in a storage bin, it belongs in the attic or the shed.
View attachment 225740

You garage should be your shop......cars, bikes, tools to fix cars or bikes, spare car or bike parts.....anything else, attic or shed. And Toyota SUVs have no business existing. Thats a waste
He doesn't need tools, he's got people to fix his bikes and car, he also donated his workbench to me years ago (thank againyou @rick81721). Also FTFY...

friend of mine has tall garage ceiling and has 4-5 bikes in his garage above his car for years and uses this style without any issues.

100% ceiling, if you've got the space. I prefer the 2-rope versions of these, since they raise/lower with less fussing.

If you're really lazy, there's a company that makes a lift that holds 5(?) bikes. Garage Gator, I think? Something like that, anyway.

I would probably install that in the house in Colts neck, except I've already got two ladders/a storage platform in the back, so there's not really room for it.

Looks like you have the clearance…….and it’s even called the gator.

and whatever this garbage is....put it somewhere else...if its in a storage bin, it belongs in the attic or the shed.
View attachment 225740

You garage should be your shop......cars, bikes, tools to fix cars or bikes, spare car or bike parts.....anything else, attic or shed. And Toyota SUVs have no business being garaged in Florida. Thats a waste

Those are his bulk order of Depends. Those can't be in the attic.

Some questions; how tall are you? how tall is the ceiling? How's your upper body strength and back? Ever been to a Turkish prison?
In other words, can you lift your heaviest bike above your head and put it on hooks and still be able to walk underneath it? That would save floor space and keep you from bumping into them.
Link to my crap for reference:

I give it a year before you go through those bins and say "I can't believe I didn't throw this shit out in NJ"

No matter how much you throw out before a move and only bring the stuff you absolutely must keep, you bring stuff you didn't need.
.you don't know the half of it. Half the pod was crap we shoulda ditched in jersey. I tried - our block dumpster got filled weekly

Those are his bulk order of Depends. Those can't be in the attic.

Dave after seeing my garage pics

willem-dafoe-creepy.gif

So what’s left? A blur, a Tallboy, the super six EVO, can’t remember which Trek you have Madone? And some gravel bike. Oh, and the Mrs.’s beach cruiser. Get rid of one of the road bikes and call it good.

Yeah 2 road bikes - evo and systemsix, trek is the gravel bike, blur and tallboy. Spearfish is the wall mount!

Back
Top Bottom