• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
I have gone back and forth several times between SPD and flats and finally got tired of eating dirt or landing on rocks when I couldn't get a pedal to release on time. As my kids would say, "skill issue" and I admit it. I'm no trials rider. I'd rather be able to bail quickly on singletrack - road or gravel is another animal entirely.

I got a set of flexible sleeve shin guards last spring to solve the bleeding shins issue - they're great.

I switched to flats a few years ago and won't go back.
I have no hill to die on with this subject, but all the years I rode moto in the woods I always wished they made spds for dirt bikes. I would have been all in.

But, keep in mind that I also love these:

28mph with $10 road caliper brakes seems super safe.

IMG_3436.jpeg

That’s very nice of you but you are almost an hour an a half away. I live about 5 miles south of the NY boarder. I switched to the Time enduro peddles, the alloy bodies should hold up better than the plastic ones. North jersey trails eat any thing thats made of plastic.☹️
If you're ever down near Flemington or Warren just let me know. These came on a bike that I bought and I have no use for them. They look worn but still seem to work fine.

That’s very nice of you but you are almost an hour an a half away. I live about 5 miles south of the NY boarder. I switched to the Time enduro peddles, the alloy bodies should hold up better than the plastic ones. North jersey trails eat any thing thats made of plastic.☹️

I need to go the the Goshen DMV soon - will probably hit sterling - and I live near Tim.
we'll figure it if you want them.

so im in boulder for work this week.....working until 4 everyday hasnt left much time for riding and the trails are still snow covered/muddy....so I have mostly been hiking, but yesterday I rented this....0 stars 😂
1711036214199.png

I was surprised that the only city bikes you can rent are e-bikes, but oh well....they have quite an extensive bike path network here, so it was a interesting way to check out the city. I even rode it out to the valmont bike park to check it out....very cool! Anything dirt was closed st the moment, but its a great set up.

I also post this for @mattybfat .....Did I look like an idiot riding this thing to probably everyone I passed? YES....were they all probably making fun of me under their breath? YES....do I fucking care? not one bit. So stop worrying about who you think is judging you....they are ALL judging you!

I had an absolutely brutal experience yesterday that had me wanting an e-bike. Rode Birdsboro in PA with friends. If you've ridden there, it's a lot of climbing with some "enduro-like" descents. The only two beside me not on e-bikes were a 17 year old XC runner who is a living motor and my friend Tom who has more natural talent than I will ever have regardless of how much I train. I don't even know YTF my friend even invited me to this ride as she knows how little I've ridden and how much I would suffer.

And suffer I did... it basically sucked for the entire ride. I ended up bagging out early and even then barely made it back to the car before they did - and then they went out for another loop. I was so sore actually had to take some ibuprofen when I got home - something I rarely do. I to think I wanted to take the enduro bike (Megatower) instead of the Spot...

TLDR: Don't take a normal bike to an e-bike ride when you're really out of shape.

I had an absolutely brutal experience yesterday that had me wanting an e-bike. Rode Birdsboro in PA with friends. If you've ridden there, it's a lot of climbing with some "enduro-like" descents. The only two beside me not on e-bikes were a 17 year old XC runner who is a living motor and my friend Tom who has more natural talent than I will ever have regardless of how much I train. I don't even know YTF my friend even invited me to this ride as she knows how little I've ridden and how much I would suffer.

And suffer I did... it basically sucked for the entire ride. I ended up bagging out early and even then barely made it back to the car before they did - and then they went out for another loop. I was so sore actually had to take some ibuprofen when I got home - something I rarely do. I to think I wanted to take the enduro bike (Megatower) instead of the Spot...

TLDR: Don't take a normal bike to an e-bike ride when you're really out of shape.
It’s about time you take my shuttle am out for a day. Just say the word.

Life after a total knee replacement is bliss with a little help from my friends at Bosch

I encourage you to wear a HR monitor as you will still be working your butt off

This is an actual dilemma. I’m entertaining the idea of an eBike in the Fall. The problem is that my closest riding buddies don’t want or can’t afford one. This complicates things because I don’t want to be the lone eBike guy. I also don’t want to abandon my friends to ride with new people just because they own eBikes.

I feel like we need to make a pact and all commit to purchasing eBikes together. Even if it means waiting another few years.

This is an actual dilemma. I’m entertaining the idea of an eBike in the Fall. The problem is that my closest riding buddies don’t want or can’t afford one. This complicates things because I don’t want to be the lone eBike guy. I also don’t want to abandon my friends to ride with new people just because they own eBikes.

I feel like we need to make a pact and all commit to purchasing eBikes together. Even if it means waiting another few years.
Dude, you are younger than me and ebike is not for you:)

Back
Top Bottom